Hopefully will be Bringing in a Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
So, there's this girl in my English class, and she overheard that I have sugar gliders. She asked me how many I had, and I told her 3, and then she asked if I wanted another one, because she has one and "doesn't really take care of it." I told her I'd love to take 'it,' but I'd have to ask my mom first.

I asked my mom, and after a bit of convincing, she caved and said I could.

The girl said that she's a female named Sugar. They got rid of her mate because they were having too many joeys, so now she's a single glider. :(

I'm waiting on her to text me to let me know if her mom gave HER the okay to "just get rid of the thing." She didn't ask for a rehoming fee, so that's good. I told her I already have a cage, so I'm not sure if she'll give me the cage she's in now anyway, or just keep it and sell it. I'm fine with it either way, as long as I get at least one thing that has her scent on it to help her adjust a bit smoother.

I'm guessing she's not socialized well at all, and I'm willing to bet she's not on the best of diets. Petsmart pellets, maybe? We'll see. I don't know how old she is or where they got her, but I'll find that out later, as long as her mom gives the okay. I'm just hoping this poor baby isn't depressed from her mate being taken away. :(

Gee, we would need a wild life licence to be able to own a sugar glider over here in Australia.

Cute little things they are though

Hope you get this little one.

They're not wildlife here, though. I wish it wasn't so easy to get gliders here sometimes, though. I hate seeing gliders neglected like this. :(

I'll probably have to ask her how long the male has been away from her. What a surprise that would be if I got her and she was pregnant!

Poor thing, hope you get her :(
You can't get them here but I've seen some videos of them on Youtube and they look like cool pets! Will she be able to pair up with your gliders? Be nice for her :)
Would you mind if she was pregnant?

Can you post pictures of your other sugar gliders? I would love to see some pictures of them! What are their names? Sorry I seem so nosey I just am intrigued by them

If they get along, I'll be able to put her with my three. The intros with my first two and my neutered boy went very well, so I'm hoping for the same if I do get this little girl, but I'm trying not to let my hopes get TOO high.

I wouldn't mind if she was pregnant. Just some more mouths to feed! :3 Plus, since my first two girls are also rescues, I will never be able to breed them, and my male is neutered, so he can't make babies. lol I'd like to breed in the future. I've never seen a small joey in person. :p

My girls' names are Jacobi and Dakota, and my boy's name is Atreyu. Here are some pictures of them.

Jacobi:
Five_More_Minutes_____by_Konotashi.jpg

Little_Bitty_by_Konotashi.jpg

Cuteness.jpg

Dakota:
Curiosity_Equals_Cute_by_Konotashi.jpg

Cozy_by_Konotashi.jpg

SuggieGlilde.jpg

Atreyu:
Atreyu1.jpg

TentTime081.jpg

NatLight015.jpg

I was thinking about names, since I don't like the name Sugar. (How original.)

I was thinking that I'd change her name to Madera, but now I'm thinking about Kamunyak, since it means "the blessed one." Seems like it'd be fitting. :)

This is getting kind of hectic.

I gave her my number to text me whether or not her mom said it was okay for her to let me have the little girl. I didn't get a text all weekend. Every time my phone beeped, I plowed down anyone in my way to see if it was her. It never was.

After a LOOOOONG day at school today waiting for last hour to come (when I see her), she tells me that she forgot to ask her mom. I'm guessing that this glider never even sees her people, so I'm going to assume that she's going to be absolutely petrified of everything when she gets here. IF she ever gets here.

SOOO, tomorrow, if she forgot to ask her mom again, I'm going to get her number to text her and remind her. I asked someone else in our class that she always talks to if they're good friends, and if they are, I'm going to ask if she has her number so I can text her. The sooner I get this baby out of this situation, the better.

I'm starting to grow tired of this waiting game. I got her the okay from my mom by the NEXT DAY, and it's now day SIX and I still don't have an answer from her mom. SHE asked ME if I could take her in. I'm not going to give up on Sugar by any means, but being left in the dark like this is making me crazy.

I've had everything ready for quite a while now - even the carrier is in my car for if she texts me to come get her at the most inconvenient time. I'd love to go get her today. Every time my phone beeps, I hop up and get to it as fast as I can, but it's never her. But knowing my luck, the first time I DON'T get it as fast as I can, that's when it would be her.

I just wish I could have her out of there by now. :(

Back