Honking noise while being pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer6514

Reaction score
Hi,

My bunny is making a kind of grunting/honking noise while being pet. I searched it up and it says it may indicate negative emotions but he seems very content and relaxed. Does anyone else's bunny do this?

Just follow your gut feelings about what it could mean, some rabbits are more vocal than others, and descriptions of one sound having that meaning don't do reality justice. Teeth grinding can be a sign of feeling great, bunny purring, or it can indicate severe pain - it's all about context, body language etc. Trust your feelings.

If your rabbit is content while you pet him, I think you're fine. Some rabbits are more vocal than others, took me some time to figure that out. I was worried when my rabbit would grind her teeth when I pet her (it looks like she's shivering which is so funny), or when she honks at me and jumps around in circles when I go to her treat box (internet would say she's trying to mate with me lol) but in reality, it's her way of saying she's happy/excited at the moment. You can generally read their body language and figure out whether it's a positive or negative reaction.

Back