Honey's Sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redestarrosa

Reaction score
Honey is in a pretty good health, running around and binkying

she don't have running eyes, and her nose don't seem to be running either,
but she does sneezes on and off for the past few days, and today just about an hour ago,

she was sneezing several times in a row for almost a minute or so,rubbing her nose, poor thing, but soon after the sneezing attack isover she is okay

i have been thinking about taking her to the vet but if she is active and clear eyed
maybe it is nothing to worry about, she is 7 weeks old, soon to be 8 weeks old

she is a silly bun, i just gave my dog a mixture of dry and cannedfood, and she keep bugging Nickles trying to get into his bowl, hedon't like that, he barked at her, and she was unfazed and stubbornlytried to get into his bowl, so i rescued Nickles by pickingHoney up and distract her with her food , but noo, she muchrather go bugging nickles and then she ran off binkying, funny bunny,so perhaps she is not sick, just got the sneezies at times

Evenstar

Has there been a change in bedding? Hay? At thispoint, I don't think it could be anything like snuffles, because sheisn't showing many symptoms. It could just be allergies or dust.

Don't think there's anything to worry about at this pointbecausemost common symptoms of snuffle like diseases is runnyeyes, noticabley wet noses (either clear or white depending on stage),matted fur on paws from constant wiping nose, and sneezing, coughingect.

Sounds like just allergies or dust. Also, depending on your dogspatience even a firneldy dog can get territorial with it's food andturn on a rabbit.

it could be the hay, she does sneeze at timeswhen i put new hay in the litter box, perhaps i should buy oxbow hay inthe future, and i did use new bedding cause i gotten soootired of the aspen shavings getting everywhere in the house, so istarted to use Yesterday's News today to see if it is a good investmentor not

But i think i should buy them Woody Pets beddings, if i can find them locally

so it is probably dust

thanks

Evenstar

I use Yesterdays News and my bunnies love it. Buy the cat size bag, its the same stuff and a lot cheaper. Make sure you're using the unscented. My guy was sneezing when I had the scented one. Good Luck!

If you think it's the hay, you can also try shaking the hay out when you give it to her to get rid of as much of the dust and 'crumbs' as you can.

For pellets, you can also try a bowl that has the little holes on the bottom that 'sifts' the pellets and the dust falls out the bottom - elminiates dust from the pellets.

My bun Misty is very sensitive to dust too, she sneezes at the slightest bit of dust.

that is a good idea.. i need to buy one of them plastic needlecraft sheet and cut to fit in the bowl, that would help keeping the food above the dust...im going to start buying yesterday news again.. it last longer and absorb the rabbit pee better..

i would have to wait til payday again before i could buy them... but in the meantime, i will use newspaper and cover that with a bit of hay for now...

at least the buns have plenty of food .. and i do mean plenty of food, i keep it in airtight container that can hold up to 45 lbs of dogfood..

i use some of the rabbitfood as a litter for my rat cage, it works for the rats but not the rabbits.. too much pee hehe

thanks for the suggestion... Honey is load of fun and she wakes me up in the mornings by jumping on my bed and jumping around as if she is on a trampoline, waking me and my dog up... nickles my dog and honey the bun would play at times..

blackjack, black holland lop.. his personality is different he is not bold like honey, he is more shy and taking longer for me to be able to handle him.. i have not force the issue of handling him much yet... but sooner or later i will find me a box that i can put him into so i can start handling him more.. do the same that i did with honey..

Evenstar and the critters (Nickles the service dog, 4 rats kitty, bucca, belissa, and little bill, 2 rabbits honey and blackjack, 1 bearded dragon baby, sunny) {anymore?}

Back