Honey goes in tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had 7 bunnies either spayed or neutered inthe past year, and I worried about each and every one ofthem. But every one of themcameoutfine so I am sure your bunny will be OK too. Ithink its pretty unusual for anything to go wrong if you have aknowledgeable vet and your bunny is healthy.

Neuters are pretty easy compared to a spay, but I understand your worry! Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!

You poor thing. Try not to worry toomuch. As pointed out, neutering isn't as invasive asspaying. It's quite rare that they lose one on the tableanymore. Of course, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers,onnie. Please keep us updated. I know what it'slike and there's little anyone can say that'll make you at ease with ituntil he's back home with you.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Thank you all'i'm hoping i will be able tocollect him around tea time tomorrow' will let you now how he is.Isthere any thing i can do to make him more comfortable after the op asthey only give one shot of pain relief at the end of the op.:pray:

Hi Onnie,

The less meds he's on, the better as to his recovery. I'dreplace his litter with shredded newspaper so that nothing can getstuck.

If you have some NutriCal, or can get some, it's good to have it onhand. It'll boost his immune system and stimulate hisappetite. His favorite treats might be very muchappreciated.

Make sure he doesn't have to jump up into his litterbox. Itcould be uncomfortable for him. It'd be best if he could walkin.

-Carolyn

:)Don't worry I'm sure your bunny will be fine,neuters are very simple ops. My bunnies were spayed and i had to go toschool!! I was so nervous but they were fine. They had to stay in thehouse afterwards (as they usually live outside) which was fun, we hadto keep them in the bathroom tho incase they had an 'accident'. Luckything we have to bathrooms!! lol. I'll be thinking of you but don'tworry as pointed out before neuters aren't as bad as being spayed and igot through that with 2 buns at the same time!

Thank you everyone'i do feel a little betterabout it now'but there's still that element of fear there.I think i'mgoing to have an unsettled night as he's got to go in first thing inthe morning and it's nearly 11.00pm here.:?

Try not to get yourself too worked uphun. Honey will know something is upsetting you. I can only imagine howyou feel. We will allbe here for you ok? Please keep usposted. We're here for support. I'll be praying a successful surgeryfor Honey and for strength for you both.

:hug:

It will be ok.

Tina

Hi Onnie !

I'm sure that all will go smoothly tomorrow for Honey. Try not to worry. I know easier said than done.

Let us know how it went.

~Zee

P.S. No doubt I will be here during the day, so if you get anxious I will be here.

Honey's down the vet's'have to ring back at3.00 if all's well we can collect him.Itwas so sad he looked terrified with all the dogs barking in the waitingroom.The vet and nurse who i got honey off are doing his op'i feel abit better about that'at least i know he's in good hands andtheir look after him well.I have just sorted out his cage to make iteasier for him'i left his food and water bottle near the bedding areaso he does'nt have to over exert himself for a few days'i will probablymove them back to where they were before' in about 3 days if he lookes up to it .I also changed his bedding totorn up newspaper .Update you later on how he is.:pray:

Keep us posted!! You'll most likely be suprisedat how fast he bounces back. Both my 2 did great, Homer was just a liltired that nite, Corky even had other surgery and that nite wasgreat. My doc doesn't cut their manhood off completely likesome, and uses surgical glue instead of stitches, I think that helpedmake it easier too.

Latest posts

Back