Homemade toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescuemom

Reaction score
Having a toddler and dogs means many of my Jenna blocks went missing. Can I use the spares to make toys for my rabbit? Are they safe? Also, those colorful easter woven baskets.. would they be safe or should I assume that whatever they're dyed with is unsafe? I should note my rabbit is NOT a chewer. He eats his pellets and hay, and he likes cardboard if he's very bored and that's it. He's super old, blind and lazy lol. But he does love to explore new things and I'd love to give him stuff to forage through. :)

I wouldn't trust any colored baskets -- who knows what was used to dye them.

If he likes cardboard, have you given him the tp or paper towel rolls? They can also be packed tightly with hay.

Another idea is to use a plain brown paper lunch bag and put a few pellets and hay inside. Have some holes cut out of the sides and then roll the top shut. They enjoy trying to get at the inside.

The large paper grocery bags can also have the top rolled down an inch or two to help make it stay open. Put in on its side and bunnies like to hop inside.

Look in YouTube to : homemade rabbit toys or search to Google: Stormy rabbits

Stormy rabbits is a channel in YouTube with advices for rabbits
and you will find a lot of toys for rabbits!

Latest posts

Back