Homemade Salve recipes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailsend

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to post some recipes! I make all my own salves, lip balms, soaps, etc. I grow my herbs for them, and am always stocking up my essential oil supply. I use herbs for healing as well, for my animals mostly, but also for us. They have so many wonderful uses it's amazing.

The process is messy, takes time, and if you are new to it, it might take a while to really perfect it, but it's so much fun, and so rewarding!

O.K. so here is my recipe for a salve that I put on my temples or chest to help me relax & sleep. It's also known as a "dreamtime" blend, because it is suppose to promote imaginative dreams.

Ingredients:

2 parts Mugwort

1 part Rosemary

1/2 part spearmint

1/2 part Calendula

1/2 part Sage

1/4 part Lavender

Olive oil

beeswax & vitamin E capsules.

Make as much as you want.

Directions:

melt the beeswax in the olive oil. Remove from heat & add herbs & oils. Stir, pour into salve containers & label.

I've got other recipes for healing wounds, one for curing fungal infections, one for congestion, etc.

If anyone wants another recipeor more info, just PM me. :)

I grow a ton of different kinds of herbs in my gardens and at the house, but my absolute favorites have to be Lavender and Calendula. I love making teas from the dried teas too, they are delightful!

And after we finish making Maple Syrup in the next couple of weeks and I get my plants started inside, I am looking forward to making some Dandelion wine this spring :biggrin2:

what do salve containers look like?

You should do a weekly thread with your homemade things in it for everyone :D

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
what do salve containers look like?

You should do a weekly thread with your homemade things in it for everyone :D

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/search/search.php?keywords=salve+tins

I use tins like these (usually from this company, I love them) but you can also buy plastic ones, and honestly you can also just use jars, etc. you have at home. If you use any kind of hand creams, eye creams, etc, that come in small containers, save those and clean them out and re use them. You can save all kinds of little containers to use. :)

That could be fun to do a weekly thread - only if everyone shared what they made! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back