Homemade Rabbit Toys Video

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
This is a video I found on Youtube, (Not my channel) Are all these safe for rabbits? I know some of them are, But I don't know if they eat the cardboard, Is it safe?

Cardboard is considered safe, as long as they don't purely just eat it only as their main diet. I give mine toilet paper rolls all the time for example. No issues. Just a good "free" toy.
"As long as the cardboard has no coating or ink, it's non-toxic and safe for rabbits to chew on. However, even plain cardboard can be bad for rabbits' digestion if they consume too much. Excessive amounts of cardboard can cause intestinal blockages."
https://www.rabbitcaretips.com/thin...oard,cardboard can cause intestinal blockages.

So can I give my rabbit a paper towel roll, (Or toilet paper roll) and is it okay if bun eats it (Just one every few days? Like if it has pellets or banana?

Yes it should be safe. They generally shouldn't eat the entire thing in a day(they end up getting thrown into a water bowl in my case before eaten), but it's safe toy. Rabbits mostly chew and throw them, not really eat it. But the amount they eat is generally safe and why cardboard toys are recommended or even to use to block rabbits off from areas. I have been using them since I found my bun. I have a stash. Lol the large rolls I cut down. Even cup holders are great lol I wouldnt put treats in them as you don't want to entice your rabbit to eat it, but more play with it. But you could do it if you want.
20220627_095957.jpg

"Yes! One of the safest toys that your active rabbit can have is an empty toilet paper roll. You can stuff the toilet paper roll with hay to make your bunny even happier. This will definitely keep your pet happy and busy for hours while eating and chewing on the cardboard tube. "
https://rabbits.life/toilet-paper-roll/#:~:text=Yes!,chewing on the cardboard tube.

Last edited:
Yes it should be safe. They generally shouldn't eat the entire thing in a day(they end up getting thrown into a water bowl in my case before eaten), but it's safe toy. Rabbits mostly chew and throw them, not really eat it. But the amount they eat is generally safe and why cardboard toys are recommended or even to use to block rabbits off from areas. I have been using them since I found my bun. I have a stash. Lol the large rolls I cut down. Even cup holders are great lol I wouldnt put treats in them as you don't want to entice your rabbit to eat it, but more play with it.
View attachment 61316
Thx @White Rabbit

Whenever cardboard is being consumed (not just shredded), then it is important to be sure that bunny is also eating plenty of hay. Without the hay to move things along, cardboard could get impacted (stuck) in the gut. It is the hay that will keep things moving along. (Think of what happens when cardboard gets soaked and if you squeeze it into a ball. That ball can be pretty solid and stick to itself.) So be sure bun is eating plenty of hay and don't let an excess of cardboard be eaten at one time.

1656375594575.jpeg

Latest posts

Back