Homemade Bunnie Biscuts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my attempt was officially only edible by the dog >.<

I tried again and made the "dough" softer so they came out more brownie-like than biscuit-like and Rilee liked them!! She's usually pretty picky (except for craisins and raisins) but she gladly ate it up :D Thanks for this post! A whole small jar of baby banana and baby applesauce did the trick. And a meat pounder for crushing the pellets!

Glad to hear they turned out. I use my coffee grinder to crush the pellets it works really good.

Susan:bunnydance:

You can buy cheap coffee grinders that makes this easier (and is good to have on hand when you have a sick bunny). I bought mine at the grocery store for like 7 dollars!

Those sound like soo much fun(and really yummy).:pinkbouce::pinkelepht::highfive::rainbow::pink iris::purplepansy::bunnydance:

maybe some one could Pin this? or put it in the Read Only section?

I just checked to see if I still had some in the freezer for the buns for a Thanksgiving Day treat....

....AND I DO!! :dancingorig:

LUCKY BUNS !!:bunnydance:

Tried these today for thanksgiving, and I used canned pumpkin in leu of babyfood or carrots and bannana. The buns LOVED them even Ruby who is very picky about her treats! I don't have a coffee grinder so I just put the pellets and oats into a ziplock bag and beat them with arolling pin...also added in some raisens. Pumpkin, oatmeal, raisen bunny cookies.Can't wait to try more variations. :D

Are there any 'sprinkles' you can put on top? i'm making them at Grandma's tomorrow and i was wondering if there was anything i could put on top to dress them up?:biggrin2:

thx,

Anna and Violet

I think carrot grindings would look pretty. Maybe (not a rabbit expert and don't know if these are bad for bunnies) coconut shavings.

Yep Ani-lover, i've used those together.

I don't really follow a strict recipe everytime, I just kinda throw in all the fruits we have at the moment, and they always come out tasty according to the buns :D.

thanks i didnt know if the buns would like that or not. im just gonna play with some ingredients no official recipe

Heh, I have to try these. ^^

What about raisins/craisins for toppings?

Also, what kind of oats? Like, the kind that comes in a cylander(sp) and you make oatmeal with? Because that is all I have. D;

Xila wrote:
Heh, I have to try these. ^^

What about raisins/craisins for toppings?

Also, what kind of oats? Like, the kind that comes in a cylander(sp) and you make oatmeal with? Because that is all I have. D;

I used oats that you would use for oatmeal and I'm pretty sure they were organic...not sure. Crasins and/or raisins as topping would be great! (I had raisins on mine, pictures soon)

EDIT: mom says they are rolled oats/old fashioned and organic

Okay, here are the pictures of my biscuits:

Before:

After:

The bunnies loved 'em (used carrot gratings and raisins for toppings)

~BunBuns~ wrote:
OMG maisy!!! those bunnies cookies are soo cute! Mine looked like that too until Bunbuns ate em.

Thanks, haha

:bunnydance:Yay for bunny biscuits!:bunnydance:

These are soooo addicting to make lol. The 'thing' on the bottom in the right is a carrot...did not have anough 'dough' to make another bunny.

I used a bell-shaped cookie cutter to do the heads and molding the ears with my hands...:

Before:

After:

Latest posts

Back