Home remedies for skin conditions that you have tried

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootingstar

Reaction score
Benji is a male outdoor lop bunny. Lately he have a few bald spots in the rear where he can't reach mostly. I first started seeing patches of hair in the ground, and when I checked one of the patches was a bit irritated, like red but not much. It's not flaky at all. Some of the hair falls off so easily when i stroke him on the spots. On one of the spots hair is growing slowly again but not on the other one. We live on a VERY humid/hot environment, humidity over 90% most of the time. It could be mites, ticks, fleas or anything else, I don't know. I would like to treat him with home remedies like most of the times. What can I try putting on the skin?? Vinegar, lemon juice diluted, oil... etc etc Please let me know which home remedies have you tried for skin conditions, since it's not terribly bad I want to try this way first. Thanks :wink

Hair loss is likely due to a fungal infection called ringworm. Only your vet can diagnose this though a skin culture or by using a black light and the medications for ringworm are by prescription only. Ringworm can be a serious condition for rabbits and needs to be treated before it leads to other infections, etc. There is also a fungal infection that can cause this and it is from not getting enough greens to eat, or enough sunlight.

Or, it could also be caused by mites. Where you should pick up some Revolution.

This does need a vet's care because it doesn't sound like a simple problem. That being said, the only things that might help that you can do on your own are cortizone and diaper rash cream.

Latest posts

Back