Home Makeover

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOker

Reaction score
Oh boy Oh BOY!

With mom in the house--things have been much different...

But mostly in good ways.
So the house has been looking much different lately..
Today we spent a few hours doing a COMPLETE cleaning and rearranged the downstairs furniture...It looks really great in here now...Well, I must thank my mom for that..When she was not around, our house was clean but never this clean..Never this neat..and never this spacious.

SOOO, Peter and I have made a decision to repay her;
We have lived in this house for quite a LONG time...and it has never been the way she wanted it. It is a pretty old house, and although we rent (its a duplex), our relationship with our neighbors(the owners) has allowed us to do whatever we want with our side..

We only pay $850 rent a month for a 2 bedroom home with a living room, dining room, kitchen, sunroom, 1 bathroom, full basement and large garage, and an attic.. When they first moved in here, the home was deff worth only $850 rent...
But with the work we have done, if we were to move--it will be about $1500 rent...Our neighbors allow us to do whatever it is we would like to the house such as; paint or any renovations...
We have redone the whole bathroom, paneled the walls, got a new sink, new toilet, tiled, everything all new...that made the house worth alot more, but we still pay the same..We have been working on redoing my bedroom, putting crown-molding, painting it dark gray, carpet, even fixing the windows...

Anyways--here is the point..
We have a crappy staircase and a crappy kitchen..
So, with the help of my lovely cousin Morgan, we are sending my mom and my aunt away to a spa..While they are away, Peter, my grandpa and I will be giving my mom a WHOLE new staircase, new counters, new cabinets, new paint in both the living room and kitchen, new tiling in the kitchen, a new large rug(not wall to wall carpeting) in the living room, a gift card for new Ikea couches, a gift card for paint and carpeting in her bedroom, new EVERYTHING!

The stairs wont be torn down or anything, but we will rip off the railings, and cover the steps there with new wood and a beautiful paint finish..
In the kitchen, we will rip off the counters, one of which is a crappy vinyl counter with a very sharp edge-and both the counters are different colors--one is a pinkish color and the other is a cream white color... We will replace them both with a solid, most likely quartz, countertop...the kitchen is a HIDEOUS green paint-not like a forest green but like a leafy color that is actually quite nice, BUT NOT IN OUR KITCHEN..and the tiles are the peel and stick, so we will stick with that, but we will go with a darker color instead of the white ones now, they look dirty all the time, no matter how hard we try to scrub them..We will be redoing the cabinets because they are not good looking and the one under the sink is cracked...we will be doing lots more too, but I dont want to bore all of you :)

So, to you moms out there--Would you be okay if your kid did this for you while you were away at a spa? What would your reaction be when you got back?

By the way, the way we will get them to the spa without telling them is by programming the address into the GPS and having them follow the directions to get there..they wont know where they are going until they get there :)

Latest posts

Back