Holly Gets Spayed April 12th

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there seems to be a bit of a complication. :(

They did the bloodwork and there's one value that is high, which Ibelieve she said is the protein (I could be wrong, she sorta lost meafter complication. I didn't take that too well).So they're waiting for a urine sample. They're hoping shepees by 11:30 so they can test it, if not then I'llprobablyhave topick her up and try and get a sample at home andrebook it, I guess. She said it may just be because she'sstill young and on the alfalfa pellets, but they dont want to take thechance.

This is what I was terrified of!!

Okay well this is what I was afraid of.

Holly won't be spayed today.

She still hasn't pee'd for them to do the urine test. Soshe's going to stay there until 4:30ish so they can collect a sample atsome point (hopefully).

Argh, and then you'll have to go through thisall over again. Good for you for being so thorough andgetting the tests done first though.

Yes, this definitely sucks!!! I had mylittle cry and I think I'll be okay now. I hope she pee's forthem while she's there. So they can collect the sample andrun the test to see what it is.

I hope she's not sick too. She didn't show any signs of beingsick. She was out last night running around all over theplace. (I know Rabbits hide when they're sickwell). But we'll have to wait and see. I miss her,I hope she's going to be okay. And I hope we can get thisdone and over with ASAP!

Alright, just got home with Holly.

They don't seemed to be too tooconcerned. They don't think she's sick or anything. They gaveme some of the No-Sorb litter in order to get a sample of her urine.HerBUNlevels are a little high. They just want to make sure herurine is concentrating, thats the need for the urine sample. So I'vegotta put that litter in, in the morning and hope she goes and thentake it there asapwhen she does.

What I found:

BLOOD UREA NITROGEN (BUN) - This is a protein metabolyte excreted bythe kidney (it is one of the toxins we are concerned about). In anormal animal, the BUN is 25 or so. A good goal for BUN in kidneyfailure is 60-80. Often at the time of diagnosis, BUN is well over 150,200, or even 300.

They didn't tell me what level her's was atthough. So we'll see how this collecting a urine sample goesand hope for the best! This is really upsetting!

Here's a pic of the strange litter, I've gotta use tomorrow morning to collect the urine.

DSC01345a.jpg

Crystal

That is strange looking "litter".Well, Crystal, at least they caught this. If not, somethingbad could've happened. It's a good thing. I justhope she's ok, which she more than likely is. Good vets tocatch this!

Oh, Im sorry to hear they werent able to operate today. Better safe than sorry though.

I'll be praying for your little girl. Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone!

I sure hope she's okay. This is getting me pretty stressed out.

I just gotta do my best in getting some urine and hope that she's goodto go to book another day for the surgery. I am glad I gotthe blood test done and they caught this. It could've beentragic if they didn't. If the BUN levels are out of whack andit cause complications with the anesthetic.

Yes I am glad they are being cautious.

I haven't gotten a sample yet, I got up at 5 this morning and put it inher litterbox, I'm going to leave her in there until shegoes. Then I'll take it this morning sometime.(I should'vejust put it in before bed, cuz she went a couple times through thenight. That's my luck though)

I hope she goes soon, I'm so tired!!

Well I got a sample of urine this morning. And drove it up to the vet's.

I'm at home now waiting for them to call with the urinalysis.Should be sometime this afternoon. I'll keep everyoneupdated. I hope she's okay :(

Latest posts

Back