Hollands Life Expectancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
What is the life expectancy of a pet holland? I always thought it was 10 years, but a breeder told me 5-7 for a show rabbit. It made my heart sank, because wilbur is around 5 now.

I would assume the 5-7 years for a show rabbit means for an unspeutered rabbit. If he's neutered, then I think you can hope for something closer to 10 years.

Show and breeding rabbits tend to be slightly more short-lived, just because of the stress they go through. I don't want this to come off in the wrong way, show and breeding rabbits can be and are very well cared for by reputable breeders. But of course, having babies and going to shows, etc. does put more stress on them than the average house rabbit.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Show and breeding rabbits tend to be slightly more short-lived, just because of the stress they go through. I don't want this to come off in the wrong way, show and breeding rabbits can be and are very well cared for by reputable breeders. But of course, having babies and going to shows, etc. does put more stress on them than the average house rabbit.
That makes total sense for sure thanks so much :) BTW your avatar is adorable :)

Latest posts

Back