Holland lop with regular ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Number1Sticky

Reaction score
Is it possible for a purebred Holland lop to have regular ears? I have a 7 year old Holland lop. When I got her I was told she was a purebred (I really don't care). Her ears don't stand up all the time. Sometimes they are both down, sometimes one will stand up (which is absolutely adorable), most of the time they stand up, but not straight up like most rabbits. So I was just wondering if it's possible that she is a purebred.

I don't care if she is a purebred obviously. It's not like I'd love her any more or less. I'm just curious.

Here are some pictures of her:
http://s302.beta.photobucket.com/user/num1sticky/library/Toby the black Holland Lop

It is possible for Holland Lops to have horizontal, even vertical, ears. Lops have a ridge of cartilage and fur between their ears called the crown which determines ear carriage. Development, or lack of development, can cause varying degrees of ear control.

However, your rabbit doesn't appear to be a Holland Lop from the pictures. She looks like a mix to me, but doesn't have any identifying Holland characteristics. So it's hard to say whether she has Holland Lop in her.

based on her size and basic appearance she looks like the holland lop/mini lop crosses we see around here.. most likely cross here is with mini rex or new zealands.

Ok. Thanks. I'm just curious about it. I know she is some kind of lop mix. I saw both of her parents and one of them (don't remember know which was which) had lopped ears and the other one was like mine (crazy ears). :)

Latest posts

Back