Holland Lop or Mini Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my newest foster, with a side byside picture of Chance. She's on the left, Chance on the right. ChanceisMini Lop.Her ears look a little shorter, her faceis a bit more flatter, and she just looks different than him. Currentowner said weight was 4.5 to 5 pounds at the vet check in January.

trixieandchance.jpg

She looks like a Mini Lop to me. Hollands haveshorter ears and their faces are flatter and more apple like. She couldjust be a very poor quality Holland of a mix between the 2 but I reallythink she is a mini lop.

See how Zoey has a very round head as opposed to an elongated one?

augtriopics20.jpg

Here, you can probably see it better on this picture of Reese.

DSCF0993.jpg

Keep in mind that not all rabbits look the same. ;)Some maybe better quality of a specific breed making them look a littledifferent. Ear size, head carriage and many other things can be changedby certain breedings.

I would go with Mini Lop, too.

Here's a sideview of my Mini, Dopey:

54caec4e.jpg

They do look like Hollands...because my one doeCharlotte is a Holland Lop and her ears are a little long but she isfine. Holland Lops ears should be atleast one inch below the jaw line.

The one in the pic seems like the one bunny on the right with the ear. Have you checked weight?

At least one inch below the jaw? My Hollandsears are not one inch below the jaw and I was told her ears are TOOlong. I'm in Canada but the standards are the same, and the ARBAstandard says that the ears should be no more than one inchbelow the jaw.

But anyways, I said Mini because neither of their heads are built likeHollands, they are elongated in the nose and not 'flat' like Hollands(I always say Hollands look like they ran into a wall). Weight is a keyfactor but I really think they are both Mini's.

Yea that's what I meant...

Toby's ears are a weee bit longer,but he is just my breeding buck, I'mnot even going to try to show him because the breeder said to me hedidn't get anything so why bothering carry one extra rabbit. lol

Back