Holland Lop ( Drop Ear ) or Angora or Lion Head

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apis96

Reaction score
Hi...What is more better??Holland Lop ( Drop Ear ) or Angora or Lion Head??I wan can get baby fast and long live rabbit.

Well it all depends on the person themselves, I myself prefer the long hair breeds, But the question is do you have time to to spend up to 40 minutes a day grooming each rabbit, witch I do! Or get a Holland lop and just have to feed it and play with it for a few minutes a day, If you have a busy lifestyle I would go with a Holland, All breeds have there good points and all have there disadvantages.

I have a lionhead mix and a Netherland Dwarf. I try to spend at least 30 minutes a day with them. I have a busy lifestyle when I have college. Right now since I am on Spring Break, I spend an hour or more with my rabbits. I would go with a lionhead, they are sweet rabbits. Of course all rabbits are sweet. As paul2641 said it really depends on the person. I love the small breeds more than I do the large ones. Small breeds are easier for me to take care of!

Well I have Holland Lops and Angora's. I've only ever had one Lionhead and he was a sweetheart. My Hollands in general have good personalities, as do my Angora's. My Angora's however have very STRONG personalities, Tahiti, one of my girls will not stand to be caged ever, she has to be loose. She also tried to eat the cat once.

Any long hair rabbit like Paul said is going to take a lot of time and care with brushing and keep him/her free of mats... and by a lot of time, I mean A LOT of time. Daily brushings are a must and can't be missed very often. But if you have the time, then it's not a concern.

With proper care, housing, and love, either one would be a good choice. Mostly to me it depends on the rabbit more than the breed. All of mine are rescues so I've never actually got to "pick" the breed I want, but we've got to experience a lot of breeds. Also keep in mind the Angora is a lot bigger than a Holland or Lionhead - and there are different breeds of Angora's which are different sizes and have different coats. We have English Angora's and they have hair on their faces, I think it's the German? That don't... one of the Angora breeds.

Hope that helped a bit.

Having had Hollands and Fuzzy Lops (long haired Holland), the Hollands are playful and active without the care needed for the Fuzzy Lop's coat... our Fuzzies needed lots of grooming to keep their coats up. It is a matter of what you prefer to take care of... but grooming time is a nice way to bond with a bunny.

Denise

Latest posts

Back