Holland breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyalLions18

Reaction score
What is the average weight for a 6 week old holland? I have a little doe i pretty much hand fed and had a rough start she is the only survivor from a c-section. She was 6 weeks yesterday and weighs 15 ounces today. She feels a nice weight, just seems tiny!

I hope Julie comes on and helps. I have no clue. Not even a pound just sounds super small though for a 6week old. Is she not eating as much as others you've had at that age? Our polish are chubbers and can weigh a pound at 4weeks old

She eats and poops more then the Sr's! Lol I can feel hip bones a little but no ribs or back bones.

Nope. Have never had a reason too. I have lots of babies right now all are normal size but her.

I'm not sure exactly what my kits weigh at 6 weeks old, but she does sound small. If you hand-fed her, it will likely take awhile to catch up - if she does. As long as she seems well filled out and active, I wouldn't worry about it from a health standpoint, but she may not mature to be a breeding herd member. Only time will tell. :)

remember she's had a rough start in life. Give her some time and she may keep coming along just fine.

Thanks everyone! She is just so adorable! She will stay in my room as a house bunny. She's already extremely spoiled! Lol

Latest posts

Back