Holiday Card Swap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Who doesn't love getting cards in the mail? Especially cute holiday cards that have a high chance of featuring bunnies? I have received permission from Pipp to organize a Holiday Card Swap! Many other forums have Holiday Card Swaps and I thought it would be a fun, easy way to spread holiday cheer amongst the bunny loving people of this forum. Here's what you need to do if you want to participate:

1) PM me your name and address by Tuesday, November 22. Please make sure there aren't any typos in your address so your cards don't end up in Antarctica.

2) Buy or make holiday cards to send out. They can be Christmas themed, Hanukkah themed, or just general holiday themed. Just keep in mind that not everyone on the forum celebrates holidays the same as you and please don't be offended if you receive a card that doesn't mesh with your religious views.

3) Mail out the cards! We have forum members from all over the world so please be prepared to mail cards to foreign countries. This shouldn't be very expensive at all. You just need to take the card(s) down to the post office and they'll tell you how much postage you need.

Now for a few rules:

1) Please send cards to everyone on the list. Don't pick and choose because that could lead to people feeling left out and that is the opposite of what we want.

2) Please try to send your cards out by Wednesday, December 7 to be sure everyone receives their cards before Christmas. We all know the mail service slows down around the holidays and mail to foreign countries usually takes longer.

3) You will end up with the addresses of forum members. Do not use these addresses to mail anything else without permission or harass them or anything. Similarly, if you do choose to participate in the Holiday Card Swap, please keep in mind that you're sharing your address with people who are essentially strangers. Do not sign up if you aren't comfortable with this.

I will send out the addresses on Wednesday, November 23, the day after the last day to sign up. If we get a lot of participants (say, over 15) I will split the list into more than one group so that we aren't all stuck mailing out 40 cards. All the participants in each group will be responsible for mailing cards to everyone in their own group. If anyone wants to send cards to every single person though just let me know and I'll send you all the addresses! Just be aware that you won't receive cards from every single person if you do this, only the people in the group you were assigned to.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or post here in the thread! And have fun :big wink:

You get international postage rates at usps.com. It's $.98 to Europe. I have too many other things to do for this, but how about an Easter card exchange as well? Or valentines, with the cards coming from the rabbits, not the humans?

That's it? 4.

In think it's such a great idea. I love sending and recieving Xmas cards.

Come on people sign up, Christmas only comes once a year.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Susan:):)

Now we have 5 :) There's still a week left, I'm sure some more people will sign up. And if we do it again next year probably even more. If the group stays little bitty I'm thinking of including something other than just a card, wonder what I could include? It will be fun either way!

I would love to send... A little skeptical about receiving since I rent and we already receive tons of mail for previous tenants/home owners...

Will think on this more :p

Marisa, we get a lot of mail from previous tenants too! Not usually "good" mail either, usually things from collection agencies and stuff:p We've lived in this apartment for over 4 years now so really it's silly that we're still getting previous tenants' mail. The weirdest thing we got was a letter addressed to my husband from some dude saying he was going to take possession of our car if we didn't move it off his property. We don't have another car and didn't know who this person was (and they lived about 50 miles away) so it's really odd that he glommed onto Paul's name and our address. He had some explanation for how he figured out who the car belonged to but neither of us remembers what it was.

Oh and to stay on topic, I'm going to order custom made cards from Shutterfly :D We were going to send them out to everyone but it was going to cost more than we wanted to spend. I bought cards on sale at Joann's for everyone else and the bun forum members will be getting cute Rory-Phoebe Mae-Ned-Kerensa-Maximus-Macie cards :big wink:

Just bumping :) Not counting today, there are 3 more days to sign up and we have 5 participants!

Come on guys!! It's super fun and everyone loves cards!!

I'm debating since there's so few people participating doing dorky themed picture cards... The bunnies will hate it but you guys will love it LOL!

Okay, we have 8 people so far! Tomorrow is the last day to sign up :) You have until midnight. I live in Alaska so midnight here is pretty late for everyone else :D On Wednesday I will send out the addresses.

COME ON LADIES & GENTS SIGNUP.

IT WILL BE FUN GETTING XMAS CARDS.

SUSAN & BUNNIES:toast::weee::rofl::laughsmiley::pinkbouce:

:pinkelepht::party0002::thankyou::bunnydance::running bunny:brownbunny:rabbithop

:bunnybutt::bambiandthumper:happyrabbit::energizerbunny::apollo::headflick::runningrabbit:

:jumpforjoy:

Back