Hobbies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz_1987

Reaction score
I am getting sick of sitting infront of the TV every night with my parents! Its driving me insane!

Nobody in this family has hobbies! My sis is dedicated to herhorse, so she is always out of the house. But I seriouslyhave no hobbies :?and cant think of anything I would like todo.

I read books in bed at night, and im not sure if this is areal hobby, but I really love driving my car and I go out on my daysoff just for the hell of it and i really enjoy it.:embarrassed:Im just really interested in how the world works in theterms of cars. You probually think im mad! Hehe 'going outfollowing other drivers because I enjoy it'

But I really want a hobby I can do in the evenings.My mum says draw, or paint but im not interested in that sort ofthing. I tryed doing cross stitch but that was nogood. I cant find anything I would like :sad:

Please help and give me ideas!

My family is like that too. my little brotherplays gaelic football and that's about it. I would really love to learnhow to play the piano but I just haven't got time in the evenings, iget so much homework and coursework:X.

Why don't you take up a sport, like umm, well i can't think ofanything... My mum took up knitting and is obsessed with it now whydon't you try that? lol:D(she tried to teach me, but, well,it didn't really work:disgust:)

I only wish I had more time. I feel like all I do is homework.

What about quilting? I love it. I machinequilt. You really just need a machine that can do a straightstitch. Machine stitching is alot faster than handsewing. You can do something simple or elaboratedesigns.

Or you could try an instrument. I don't know if you couldfind a group, but last year at school my choir class started playinghandbells, I loved it. I mean really loved it, but you can'treally do that alone.

You could also try learning a new language.

I have tryed sewing etc and that hasntworked. You might think im not very interesting person butseriously nothing that other people do interest me :? I justenvy the people that can actually do it, cos I cant.

I use to play the keybopard but that died away.

I have wanted to learn another language, like spanish orsomething. That is a briliant idea actually. I wasgoing to do a class on it but I have no free time day time. Ionly have evenings spare. But if I can get all the rightbooks then I could learn by myself. I will definetly trythat! Thankz!

Ive tryed everything else literally and have not got along with it.

This might sound like a confussing/silly question so sorry!But are you born with no patience, or can you gain patience throughtime?

Because I have no patience at all to do any hobbies listed above. I really want to but I just cant.

I don't know about the patience.

As for the language, with the right books or computer programs, it could be great.

join a gym

I recently joined a new gym - they have 8 Cybex weight machines, treadmills, bike, ecliptical and lots of different classes

Mon night Yoga, Tues night Ab work, Wed night Pilates, Thurs nightVersasize (steps & weights), Fri night Ab work. And there'slots of different classes in the morn and during the day that I cantfit into my sched due to work.

If you enjoy cars/driving, perhaps you couldfind an old car and refurbish it? It's fun, rewarding, takes plenty oftime, and there's always something to fix/upgrade/tinker with. Besides,old English cars are the best! My dad has a '58 Morris Minor, and it'smy favorite car in the world. :D

naturestee wrote:
Make bunny toys!:D
i've actually taken up this hobby.....and I don't even have a bunny yet LOL!

Another hobby idea might be photography. Or video games......do videogames count as a hobby? You might even consider volunteering for somekind of organisation that you like and would be willing to offer someof your free time to.

Heather

I vote for video games... not really a hobbymaybe, but there are so many types of games, I'm sure there issomething that can appeal to anyone to occupy some time.

I wouldnt know where to start under a bonnet ofa car etc! That would be tough. But I must say when I went toa hotrods show I was stunned at some of the cars their andreally wanted to take them all home.

The only thing I do in the evenings is go on the computer or watch tv,and its getting boring! (apart from this forum ofcourse:D)

I really need something I can do in the evenings as that is really only my free time.

So far sounds like I will try:

Joining a Gym

Learning a new language

I bougth a monopoly board game today so tonight me and my parents aregoing to play with it hehe :DI love good old traditionalboard games.

Yer! I just showed my parents it andmy dad just said I hope you arent expecting me to play that game. icant stand it! :shock::shock:

So it will have to be just me and my mum :(Or if my sister is up for it.

I love strategy board and card games."Real" games, not the cheesy stuff like Monopoly (no offence, I hateit). Problem is, you need somebody else to playwith. My hubby loves games just as much as me. Acouple of examples are Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, Arkham Horror,and Bohnanza. You could check them out. Maybe starta game night? My mom always asks me to bring games when Ivisit now.:D

Latest posts

Back