hit or miss?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
I'm really wound up tonight--my musicpartner/producerand I just co-wrote a song, and it's weirdlycool. I gave him a lyrics sheet and he came up with the chordsand melody, and I just heard it today. Cooooool coool coool. Wayyyycooler than I thought (I almost threw out the lyrics).....so we both(cynical musician types!) are pretty excited about it.Tom gotblisters on two fingers and broke a nail on the guitar riff. He says"It's gotta be good if you beat yourself up like that playing it."

Maybe a hit? I hope! :)We've been together about a month, andalready we've had a lot of fun "striking sparks" off each other's ideas.

Ironically,thesongwas inspiredbymy really, really bad breakup a couple years ago. Lifestinks? Write a song!:sunshine:

Tom and I are kind of an odd pair, so it's funny that we click at all.Tom's about my dad's age, ex-70s rocker--I wasclassicallytrained and onlywent crossoverin the past fewmonths. But it is SO.....MUCH...FUN!!!!

eeeeeeya, I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight.:colors:Back to the studio tomorrow to hammer out the details.

Love my job, oh yes I love my job......:woohoo:happydance

Rose

Oh wow...I'm so happy for you!! What were you classically trained in? Vocals, an instrument?

Do you have a band name?

I come from a very musical family, and have had such an appreciation ofmusic all my life...it hits my soul. I have music on all thetime because I feel like life isn't complete without SOME sort of musicgoing on at all times.

Anyway, very cool...I'm VERY happy for you. Let us know ifyou have a link online where we can listen to your song, or some such,ok? You've got me VERY intrigued...I'm DYIN' to hear it, now!!

Good luck!!! :D We're all rootin' for ya!! :D:D

What genre? I'm a fellow musicianproducer/composer myself. Hope all turns out well, nothing like hearingthe finished product, gives you chills! :)

I'm a bit discouraged today because I'm stuck onthe chorus. The rest is so weird it's hard to get the right feeling inthe bridge/chorus section. I'm hoping inspiration will strike and itwill all fall into place like magic ;), but I think it will probablyend up a marathon studio session hammering out the chords, etc.

Naturestee, good question. We haven't started booking yet because wejust got together such a short time ago. No completeplaylistyet! But I'll let you know if we end up doing a gig in your area!:D

Jan, :hug:eek:f course I will, lololol. Long way to go for that tohappen.;)I play just about anything, as long as it's notprofane or just plain bad. Gospel, bluegrass, country, pop, rock. Thesong we're writing is hard to label, style-wise, but it has almost aLatin/experimental popfeel. Actually, it's not really likeanything I've ever heard. All new to me, this crossover stuff, so mybrain feel stretched out in about a hundred differentplaces.:DI love doing new things!

Maherwoman, I have a B.M. in violin performance, but I sing too. I'm acrossover range, which basically means I sing any part from high maleto high female range, about 2 octaves. I like singing, especiallybackup, but I'm still gaining confidence in that area.:)Thesong we're working on is still in the "germ" phase, so it will beawhile before we get it polished enough to release to the public (if Iever come up with the chorus!)

Thanks, Petbunny--lol, Grammys would be great, too bad we still have toactually finish the darn thing yet! We also need to come up with a bandname.

Nessa, what's your genre? And your band, or are you solo? Touring? I really would like to do some of that!!!

Rose

Rose I think you are a way coolgirl!!!! I love hearing about what youare doing in your life. Keep up the good work. Keepthe stories coming. They can be about Bub and the rest ofyour bunny family or Destiry or your music. I have alwaysenjoyed good Rose stories.:D Beckie

Latest posts

Back