His brother bit his lip open

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrich!

Reaction score
So I have 2 male brothers that are twins that grew up together there life until they got old enough to fight .( Dominate) I got them neutered three days ago they have been separated in different cages even before that! Greg is the bigger one and grey is the smaller one ! Well long story short or try to lol, Grey and Greg were on their anti-inflammatory medication for after the neuter ! Well Greg got an upset tummy into taking the meds . He had a little bit of the diarrhea so I asked the vet and they said to stop at mediately and so I did fourth . (It would of been the last dose on the med for them ) Well there both in different cages and also have a separated play pen so there not in there cage . Well Grey decided to bite Greg while I was food shopping! I know why ? Because I seen him stick his snout through the other playpen and get Greg while he obviously isn’t feeling great off the meds ! I seen this when I came back home from shopping and now the gate is fixed !!!! Just baffles me since I never have seen them injure each other before when they have gotten in a brawl . I’m going to call the vet first thing in the morning but I decided to i’m here also because I’ve seen really good tips and tricks! I know to watch out for infection and cysts ! Sadly when I got back and noticed his lip busted the blood was already dried up! I tried to wipe it clean or some off with a Luke warm Q tip . Nothing came off . He didn’t squirm or move when I touched the wound so it must not be hurting ! My concern is him not eating since it’s an owie on his face I don’t need him to have GI stasis ! TIA guys !

Attachments

• 05CA435B-7021-4362-BCE3-9A192AEB21FF.jpeg
    05CA435B-7021-4362-BCE3-9A192AEB21FF.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 6
Ouch! Their faces are pretty vulnerable to the other rabbit, when sticking the nose between the bars into the other rabbits area. Yeah, make sure there's a barrier or separation so they won't do this again. Hopefully it won't need any stitches. But if the vet decides he needs antibiotics to ward off an infection starting, you'll just want to be careful because he's already had an upset stomach from the other med.

After a neuter there can almost seem like there's a surge of hormones before they fade in 4-8 weeks. So that can can cause some increased behavioral issues. And they come back smelling different, smelling of the vets office. That can also throw rabbits off. Hopefully in a month or two when the hormones are gone and you can start to rebond them, that all will be forgiven.

Ouch! Their faces are pretty vulnerable to the other rabbit, when sticking the nose between the bars into the other rabbits area. Yeah, make sure there's a barrier or separation so they won't do this again. Hopefully it won't need any stitches. But if the vet decides he needs antibiotics to ward off an infection starting, you'll just want to be careful because he's already had an upset stomach from the other med.

After a neuter there can almost seem like there's a surge of hormones before they fade in 4-8 weeks. So that can can cause some increased behavioral issues. And they come back smelling different, smelling of the vets office. That can also throw rabbits off. Hopefully in a month or two when the hormones are gone and you can start to rebond them, that all will be forgiven.
Thankyou !!!

Back