Hi!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyrads

Reaction score
I just joined and thought I would introduce myself and my bun. His name is Dudley and he is a Flemish Giant. I just got him on Monday and he is already doing great.

I've had rabbits now for 25 years and we used to always have four at a time. A couple years ago I got a Flemish Giant and for the past year he was the only rabbit we had. His name was Mulligan and was the most awesome bun. He was house broken like a dog and would go in and out of the house as he chose. He would typically go out in the morning and stay out for most of the day grazing around the yard. He would want to come in around the time my husband came home ( treat time) and then go back out until it was time to go to bed. He would not pee or poop in the house over night which I thought was amazing. (He had free roam of the house ) Everyone once in a while he would have an accident but it wasn't often.

When he was neutered his incision came open and his intestines fell out which caused a run to the emergency vet. It cost $1500 for the surgery which we couldn't afford but I decided to have it done anyway. He was only six months and too cool to PTS. He came through it fine and did well for the next few years. This monday my husband woke me up crying that Mulligan had died. We aren't sure what happened, he wasn't showing any signs of anything. But with buns you never know.

Well my husband was so upset I decided to see if I could find another Flemish right away. It wouldn't be Mulligan but not having a rabbit in the family was just too weird. Interestingly I came across someone who wasn't too far away that had some babies and I as able to sneak out and get one to surprise my husband.
thenewageshop

So now we have a nine week old boy who already seems to have the layout of the house. He even jumped up on the couch by himself today. LOL! He's fine with all the other animals so far, seems to take them in stride. I just really love his breed. They are just sooo laid back and nice. He's already eight pound and I can't wait till he really gets big.

Here is a pic of him and Mulligan. Mulligan is the one on the chair.

Rabbit.jpg
MullyII.jpg

Welcome to the forum, :) It's great to have you with us Can't wait to see more pics of your handsome new Bun :)

So sorry for your loss of Mulligan

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear of your loss. New friends are always nice to cheer us up in sad times

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

It is always nice to have another Flemish Giant slave on the forum. I breed and show Black Flemish. I too love the breed for their laid back personality and their size. Ihad one of my flemish on a harness in the front yard and a woman backed up her carto ask if that really was a rabbit.

Very handsome buns, sorry about the loss of Mulligan.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Back