Hi! New here, I've got a question about breeding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiasco

Reaction score
Hi! I wasn't sure if this is the right section to post in, so please let me know if I should change anything!

I have two Holland Lop bunnies right now, a girl and a boy, and I'm hoping to expand to get two more girls. My goal is to breed them, and sell their kits (primarily as pets, but with pedigrees if people would like) once they're older. I'll be keeping & pampering the parents as pets too, I really like taking them out for romps!

So I contacted a breeder with really cute tri-colored kits, hoping to adopt one or two girls, but she told me something I didn't quite understand. She suggested that I start with other colors (she mentioned "torts") because they would be easier to breed. She said that I'd get "better quality" with the other rabbits. I'm not quite sure how one color of bunny is easier to breed than another? You can probably tell, I'm 100% new to all of this and I don't understand all of this stuff!

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I suggest posting your question in the "Rabbitry and Showroom" section. That's for breeders.

Okay, thanks so much! Should I delete this one, then? I'm not sure if I can!

Im sure she didnt mean they would phisically be easier to breed.its just that tort colored Holland lops tend to be better show quality.Holland lops are one of the most difficult to breed for several reasons.they are more likely to have birthing complications than most other breeds,they are are very challenging as far as showing.good ones are expensive.i would start with a trio.breed both does at once.never breed only one doe at a time in case you need to foster the babies. Make yourself a paper to pass out with your babies.instructions on feeding care etc.

Latest posts

Back