hi im new

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noname819

Reaction score
hi i have a bunny that will be born on august 19th. its a purebred holland lop. i cant wait for he/she to be born. this will be my first rabbit so any advise will be appreciated.
a little about the doe, she is a broken color doe who was bred to a solid buck on the 20th, she has a proven show pedigree. i get to pick which of the kits i want for free. my friend and i kinda co-own the mother as we both payed half for her, she only cost $35.00 which i thought was a pretty good deal and that was after being bred and she came with her papers. also name suggestions for my future bunny would be appreciated.

Welcome.

It's probably best to choose the name later. You'll want to base it on coloring, personality, etc.

Reading things in the library section will be helpful in all kinds of ways. For example about vet care & how unspayed females are almost sure to get cancer if they're not spayed. People usually do it when she's 6 months or so.

Congrats how exciting! I love Holland lops....my second favorite breed behind lionheads of course ;)

Do you have a cage or enclosure? Probably the most important of course. Start litter training right away...not cat litter though bad for bunnies.

Have baby on pellets, alfalfa based when young if you want, and unlimited access to Timothy hay. Or baby can have alfalfa too.

I didn't introduce veggies til 3 months and did it very slowly and one at a time. Some people wait til 6 months.

Find a rabbit savvy vet if you haven't already.

And of course lots of info on here.

Good luck! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby!

this is the doe.
bunny.jpg

what are thee chance that i will get a broken color baby. the sire is an otter color i believe.

Beautiful doe.

I can't offer any advice as to possible colors as I know nothing about that. But either way, you are gonna get a cutie I'm sure!

Latest posts

Back