Hi, I'm New.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name's Chelsey, and I'm from Michigan. I've been a rabbit person nowfor around 4 years, and am part of a local rabbit rescue and the HouseRabbit Society. I absolutely adore rabbits. I have one of my own, who Irescued myself,and her name is BunBun. She is 12 years old,and is spayed. Though I have had the urge many times to adopt morerabbits recently, I rather like to spoil BunBun with all of myattention -- and believe me, she loves it. She is completely litter boxtrained and is allowed full roam of my bedroom and her own room. Shegets a large salad every night of at least 7 different veggies andgreens, and has tried nearly every variety of grass hay I can findonline and off.I think she is one of the most amazingcreatures I have ever encountered.She is fabulous.Ihave her complete life story online at my website, which you can find alink of in my profile. Along with BunBun, I also have two rats, Ferret& Weezil, and two cats, Nubbie & Salem.

I hope to get to know you all soon!

Welcome, you have a beautiful bunny! I think you'll enjoy the wisdom and experiences the members of this forum contribute.

Hello Chelsey,

We were just having the discussion of feeding a lot of vegetables toour rabbits. You might see varying viewpoints on that issue. Allopinions and views are welcome here so that we can allow our posters tomake up their mind with the most information that we can present tothem.

Please don't take a difference of opinion as a personal attack.

We have quite a family-oriented board and care greatly about each otherand everyone's rabbits as you do. I can assure you that members hereare extremely helpful and genuinely concerned about the health andhappiness of our rabbits even though (to steal a phrase fromBunnyMommy) there are many schools of thoughts on issues concerningrabbits.

I'm now partial to Dutch rabbits because a very dear, highly respected,and extremely knowledgeable member of the board named Buck Jones had arabbit named Maxie that was one of the smartest, sweetest, mostfun-loving rabbits I've ever met. I know that Buck Jones had a greatimpact on Maxie to blossom into the personality that he was, but he'llnever admit that. He always gives full credit to the rabbit when itbehaves, but usually takes on the blame himself when they get intomischief.

Glad to see you starting again. Let's have fun and do it respectfullyas we share thoughts about rabbit care and many other things as we dowander off topic sometimes.

-Carolyn

Just a Note: This board is quite international and English isn't alwaysa member's homeland language. We also have folks suffering fromdyslexia. I'm happy to have the members that we have here and strive tomake them comfortable in asking questions.

Carolyn wrote:
Welcome to the board, Chelsey.

We were just having the discussion of feeding a lot of vegetables toour rabbits. You might see varying viewpoints on that issue.

All opinions and views are welcome here so that we can allow ourposters to make up their mind with the most information that we canpresent to them.
Thanks for the kind welcome!

On a LOT of rabbit forums and groups, feeding vegetables at the HRSstandard is always up for discussion. Some people feel it can harm arabbit, other people feel that rabbits should be fed moreveggies/greens. I can always use BunBunas a great example, soI don't mind thosediscussions :)

And yes, Buck Jones does seem like a great guy, and a very knowledgeable rabbit owner indeed.

--Chelsey

Chelsey,

Go back a page or two and find a post entitled "Feed Question" byMyBunnyBoys. Although it gets into some darker areas, I'm sure you'llenjoy reading what Buck Jones writes about vegetables, etc.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Goback a page or two and find a post entitled "Feed Question" byMyBunnyBoys. Although it gets into some darker areas, I'm sure you'llenjoy reading what Buck Jones writes about vegetables, etc.
Carolyn,

Quite interesting! He does make some valid points (and very eloquently,I might add) and raises some great questions, some of which I canactually answer based on experience. Though, I think I might leave thatto the next feed question discussion thread, since there's never justone. ;)

--Chelsey

Hi Chelsey and welcome

Is that a recent photo of BunBun because she looks in such goodcondition :)Until recently I didn't even know rabbits couldlive past 9!

I've got four young rabbits who are little delinquents but veryloveable. I hope you enjoy this forum, there are somegreatpeople on here :)

Kate

Welcome Rhapsody! Maxwell was the mostlovable and special rabbit we have ever owned. We took himeverywhere, flea markets, yard sales, craft shows, antique shoppes, andeven the VFW post, in a back pack I converted to a "front" pack.

He would perch there, accepting all the homage due a "king"bunny, if I ever saw one, for hours without twitching or gettingantsy. We also carried a cage in our van as a comfort stationfor him when he signaled he needed such. In the van, he rodeon top the engine cover, or "hump," which I carpeted for his comfort.

He was always ready to give kisses, no matter what the situation, andcould endure pets for hours. How I envy all the time you havehad with BunBun. Maxie came to us at the age of three, havingbeen intercepted on his way to the meat market. He was onlywith us for three more years, but they were precious years tous. I look forward to meeting him again across the RainbowBridge someday.

Anyway, I digress. Welcome to one of the warmest bunny places on the Internet!

Buck

Psst...Rhapsody,

If you wish to get a peek at Maxie, go back to the home page of theRabbits Only Magazine and scroll down until you see the guy with thetwo bunnies in front of him. http://www.rabbits.com

There's also a picture of Maxie in the "Trancing?" post.

(Still miss you and love you, Maxwell Goodbunny. Kisses, hugs, and ear rubs wherever you are.)

-Carolyn

Wow....

Rhapsody: I just went to your website and read the full lifestory of BunBun, Beanus, and Gypsy. It was a very touchingstory, and you couldn't have told it better. A very honest,heartfilled, emotional story about an owner that truely wants the bestfor her bunnies. Despite any mistakes you think you havemade, you give many pet owners something to aspire to in the care oftheir animals. No matter what you tell yourself at the timeor in hindsite, we all make mistakes... and we all have to learn fromthem. It seems you have learned a lot in the last 4 years,some the hard way, and others not so hard.You havean amazing way of looking at events though and I think you will reallygo far withthat way of thinking. BunBun is a veryvery very lucky bun to have found you as her mom. Best ofluck to you both!

-Cheryl

PS- She's a beautiful bun as well... love the markings!

TrampNPigeon --Thankyou for the kind compliments on my writing style and honesty inBunBun's story. I considered that the whole point, really; being honestabout my mistakes as a pet owner. I would like to believe that thestory shows how far I have come in regard to pet care,fromthe first time I saw BunBun. Along with that, it tells theinterwovenstories of three amazing animals that I feelblessed to have known and loved, no matter how little time they spentin my home.

Rowan -- That picture of BunBun has to be one of my favorites.It was taken last summer, a little after her 11th birthday.

Buck -- Maxwell sounds like he was an absolutely wonderfulrabbit! Quite adorable also, if I might add. I, too, make a point oftaking BunBun every where I can with me. Since she doesn't mind beingpicked up, I tend to hold her like rich women carry their poodles,which highly amuses anyone who passes us. Since I rescued BunBun at theage of 8 years old, I've only had her now for about 4 years.Regardless, I hope to spend many years to come in her presence. :)

Here's a couple more pictures:

BunBun23.jpg

Bungrr.jpg
(BunBunhas anger issues toward lettuce, as you can see. We're trying to getthat under control :D)

I'm with Cher and gjsara.

That picture of her fighting that lettuce is so funny! I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her.

What an absolutely beautiful bunny. I chuckled at your comment of taking BunBun with you like a rich woman carries a poodle.

-Carolyn

Back