Hi I'm new!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
afromation wrote:
Aww :) Beautiful pets! I feel better now.

Now if only this semester will end so I can get home and get to rearranging!!!

Once they're friends, do your rabbits ever need to be kept in the cageagain or do you let them roam free with your cats and the return to thecage whenever they're ready?

They don't really have cages, but they have rooms. No problemwith the cats, but most of the bunnies have to be kept apart.

Sherry lives in the bathtub (inthe spare bathroom), I have aboard that I put across it so she can jump out, and when I don't wanther out, I take the board away. Dill has run of the livingroom and kitchen ('run' being the operative word) and sleeps on thecouch. He just eats and poops in his 'cage', which doesn'thave a top.

Pipp lives with me in my bedroom, sleeps on my bed, eats in front ofthe hutch she only uses for the litter tray. She doesn'treally want to leave, other than to check to make sure there's nothingdangerous beyond her 'space'.

Radar and Darry used to live in the spare bedroom, but Radar eats walls(that's what he's doing in the top pic) and Darry's a total slob(there's a 'messy bunny' thread here somewhere), so they're banished tothe (enclosed)backporch.Theyget a bit of supervised runtime in the spare room (it was unsupervised until they ate the sparebed :disgust:), but the porch is plenty big enoughand theysleepon top of a small cabinet in front of the window andgetplenty of exercise jumping up and down.

That said, I live in an old house, so it doesn't matter muchifthey destroy it. Otherwise cageswouldbe a good thing. (They don't mind having a smaller space tocall their own as long as they get a couple hours of'out'time).

sas and gang

Latest posts

Back