Hi I'm new on this board and wan to introduce myself :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome,I read somewhere that language skilllsshould be taught before the age of twelve while the brain is stillforming.not in high school like it is here in the US.bluebird

@ bluebird:

I've heard the same. In Germany, the kids begin to learn english when they are 10-11.

But in the futur, the kids will begin in the age of 7, in the first grade.

@FreddysMom:

I will search a little bit about "Berlitz"-Products. Thank you for the idea:)

@Zee:

Lebst du erst seit 4 Jahren in Deutschland? Wo hast du davor gewohnt?

@Iwuvbunbuns72:

What's the meaning of BEW? Is it the breedsname?

@NickySnow:

Warst du schon einmal in Deutschland oder woher kannst du ein wenig deutsch?

habe ich früher gewohnt in England. Ich komme aus England.

Hab ich familie in München und wollte einer neuer leiben haben, so bin ich heir in München gekommen

Yup, the earlier the better. I took a year ofLatin when I was 11 (I don't remember much Latin, but it helped meunderstand a lot about language in general). I started Spanish at age12. I moved to a new school this year and kids here don't get to startuntill they are in the 8th grade (aged 14-15). My former Spanishteacher told me that after a certain age it is no longer possible tolearn a new language and comprehend it the same way that a nativespeaker would. That age is about 12-13.

@bunnydude:

When I began learning english, I was 11. But I don't think, I could learn english like a natíve speaker. But I want to ;)

It sounds so cool, when I hear a native speaker from America. Mycurrent englishteacher comes from England, London. But I don't like hispronunciation very much. It soundstoomuchsophisticated:p

My last english-teacher lived a long time in America and his pronunciation is so different from my new teacher.....

@Zee:

If you want, I could help you learning german;)You could write me sometimes and I could correct mistakes and so on:)

i took a german class in school, and i stayed inKarlsruhe for a few weeks. so i can only understand bits and pieces.but languages are a passion for me. i grew up speaking Latvian, andmost of my relatives from Latvia also speak German. but i also havedabbled in French, Cantonese, Spanish, sign language, and i am nowtrying to learn some Arabic, which is very difficult. i learn betterfrom listening to people speak, and repeating, than i ever did in aclassroom.

i believe there is no greater gift than to be able to communicate withpeople. and although i find it hard to commit to one language inparticular, i do ask people to teach me words in their native tounge.living in Toronto, which is very multicultural, i am blessed to besurrounded by many people of different nationalities.

Nicole

Hi Nenelen, very nice to meet you and yourbunnies! They are all so gorgeous, and I love the setup you have fortheir cage. I imagine they are spoiled rotten ;)...it's easy to telljust how much you love them. :)

Welcome to the forum!

~Di

:hug:

:happybunny:

Welcome to the forum! Your rabbits are all beautiful :inlove:

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Hello and Welcome!!

Your English is great.

Your rabits are adorable. I look forward to getting to know you and your rabbits better.

Tina & Zoo Crew

Back