Hi I'm Lily R.I.P. Fluffy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilylop wrote:
I'm in australia we are just hitting summer Christmas day is meant to be a balmy 37 degrees which works out to be roughly 98.6 Fahrenheit. Where I live it gets as hot as 45-47 degrees which is 116.6 Fahrenheit. It looked alot lusher in winter!
Temps that high are quite dangerous for rabbits. They can get heat stroke and die.

I live in Hawaii, and even though we're on the upright side of the world :)stikpoke), and it's actually winter here, it's still quite warm (mid to upper 80s). I freeze 1.5 Liter water bottles, put them in cotton tube socks (to absorb the condensation) and leave them where the Zoomer likes to sleep during the day.

When it starts to get hot in the afternoon he'll find the ice bottle I left in the kitchen closet and lean against it while he sleeps (or sometimes he'll go into the bedroom, where I have a small window AC running all the time).

MarisaAndToby wrote:
... Also extremely jealous that your grass is green in December :(
It's summer in the upside-down part of the world. I'm in Hawaii, where it's actually winter. If you really want to be jealous, I can take picture out my window and show you how green it is here (hint, it's greener in winter, because we get more rain).

Aloha, Tim (and Zoom-zoom) :rainbow:

twp things how on earth do you multi quote on this forum??? LOL

Yeah I have already got the frozen water bottle in the deep freeze as haven't had to use them yet as its been pretty mild so far. When he is inside we have the air con going so it is alot cooler inside. You would be suprised but bunny's actually thrive out here just ask the farmers when we have rabbit plagues LOL
PLease do take a pic I am already jealouse that you live in hawaii!!! We are both on island except that my is a desert island and yours is tropical!!! Green with envy here!!

Ah yes, the ol' multi-quote. Get's 'em every time. Lol!

You reply (with quote) to one message, select and cut the quote, then go back and reply/quote the next message, and paste the 1st quote into that reply. Then you just type in your bits and post.

If you open another browser window you can multi-quote as many messages as you want. Just paste each quote into the other browser's reply, then fill in the gaps in between.

lilylop wrote:
PLease do take a pic I am already jealouse that you live in hawaii!!! We are both on island except that my is a desert island and yours is tropical!!! Green with envy here!!
Alright, but remember, you asked for it... ;)

This is what it looked like out my front door a few minutes ago (top), and in the parking lot of my village (bottom). Yes, that Mazda on the lower right is mine, but that's not why I named my bunny Zoom-zoom!

winter_in_hawaii.jpg

Our grounds keeper recently brutalized the tree I often park under. This is what it looked like in the summer.

summer.jpg

And here are a couple of pics from a few days ago. Top is the Zoomer on a Bunny Lawn Date at Kristine's house. Bottom was shot within a few minutes of that, looking across the street.

bunny_lawn_date_rainbow.jpg

Actually, I'm a bit jealous of you. I've always wanted to visit Australia. Hawaii is close enough to the Equator to see the Southern Cross. It climbs up a few degrees over the horizon at certain times of the year.

I've even seen the Tarantula nebula from here, from the top of Mauna Kea, a 13,800 foot (4,205 meter) tall volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii. It was just high enough to peek over the horizon and see it, with my telescope nearly pointed at the ground.

Thanks on the how to for the multi quote. :D

Beautiful pics!!! So lush and green!
Trust me where I live in Australia it's not that great I'm, as we put it "out bush" Sydney is over 6 hours away from me and Melbourne is over 5 hours. So no real beaches. :( only the river. Nothing around here but hectares of farms our town only has 24,000 people the government is trying to take our water at the moment a big rally was held last week and over 12,000 people went. We are the food bowl of Australia. No water no food but they don't seem to understand that!! Typical really lol

Time for a bit of an update

My daughter left to go to her fathers the day after boxing day and I went to my fathers as well. I have gotten back today to find out the outside bun is now an inside bun. :biggrin: Since I have been away the heat has been unbearable for a human even so he is now an inside rabbit :big wink: I think fluffy has the other half wrapped around his little paw! He is currently prentending to be dead snuggled up to a icy water bottle. The time away for me doesn't seem to have broken our bond which is great. He is still giving me lost of kisses which I love. Seeing as I don't know exactly what he has been up to for the past week or so I can't really say much more other than that what I have been told. He has been doing heaps of bunny 500's and binky's so he is happy enough. I am home alone with him until monday next week so we get to spend some more time together.

A BIG warm welcome to you Rachael, Lily and Fluffy.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of Fluffy :biggrin:

[line]:bunny19 Have a Super Hoppy Bunny-riffic Day :bunny19

Bren...aka BunnieLuva

Well it is a very sad day in our house hold.

This afternoon I went to check on fluffy and he didn't did move at all :( I thought it was myxomatosis took him straight to the vets. Got to the vet the vet had a closer look and said no not myxo but he has broken his neck some how. I am guessing one of the feral cats has goten in to the yard and has freightened him and thats how it happened. So I had to put the little guy to sleep, it almost killed me, but the harder part was telling Lily. She hasn't stopped crying now for almost 4 hours :( she may have only been a young little girl but every day she got him food and water and played with him every chance she got (every day). She want's another rabbit and after fluffy I can't say no he was an amazing little guy!!!!! I have spoken to the breeder that I got him off and she says she has a a little female there but I would perfer a male so I might be in for a wait. Thats fine though it will give us some time to heal our wounds. and try and find a solution to feral cats.

Just thought I would share cos I am feeling pretty shitty right now. Luckly I managed to get some pics of him last night.

RIP fluffy nuts. We will miss you!!!!!!!! XXXX

Welcome! I am from Australia too and struggle to find lots of bunny specific things in a place that really don't love them as much as they should! We haven't had any problems though so far with working with what we can find for them.

Good to see another Aussie on here!

T
:mrsthumper:

Oh goodness I didn't even see the second page of this until it posted! I am so sorry for your loss! :(

In regards to feral cats/feral animals and dangers outside, have you thought about having him live permanently inside? Our Dudley and Poe live full time inside in the airconditioning away from the heat and to make sure they are safe and sound with us all the time. They aren't hard to clean and if they are supervised when roaming around free they shouldn't chew too much.

Sorry again for your loss. Poor little bunny :(

T

its ok. he did used to live inside 98% of the time. but I have recently moved house after splitting with my ex and haven't managed to bunny proof the whole house I had only managed the kitchen but I couldn't keep him there 24/7 so he went out at night. but he was in for at leat 5 to 8 hours a day that was as much as I could do. I did try my hardest but as I said with the move the split and now a very upset daughter it wasn't easy.

I can't stop crying I hate to imagine how my daughter feels :(

I'm so sorry. I'd been wondering how things had been going since early January. This was unexpected & pets can't be protected from everything though I'm sure you'll finish rabbit-proofing or get an xpen before Lily & you get another bunny.

Other people have posted that it helps to have a ceremony of remembrance for their beloved pet, so I hope that something like that will help you & Lily.

Absolutely stunning. So thrilled to hear your daughter is starting to bond already. And "Buttfluff" (lol love the name) seems to have completely relaxed in your care if he's doing "drifting" as your other half states.

Look forward to hearing more new of how well it's all going for you! So thrilled.

Welcome to Bunny World. It's amazing and exciting world to be in.

K :)

As I was reading the replies this morning to my husband, as I do every morning, I saw the backwards reply I made. Sitting here enjoying the pics of your daughter and her excitement about her first bunny, I realized this backwards reply by the dates. So sorry. Truly didn't mean to offend.

Maybe old computer (quirky ways, blank pages, etc) I guess or it's my hopeful reply that another bunny entered your daughter's life. And both you and your husband as well.

Hoping your sorrow has turned to sweet memories. Even short times with a loved pet does give you valuable lessons and unconditional love. Hoping I can just copy my backward message and sometime in the future you all can enjoy the "Life with a Bunny".

Hugs.

K:)

don't worry I figured that you didn't read the whole thread by your reply no offence takem :D

We are looking in to getting another but hopefully it will be a few months away as I would really like to build a bigger better cage. and bunny proof the house a bit more.

lilylop wrote:
don't worry I figured that you didn't read the whole thread by your reply no offence takem :D

We are looking in to getting another but hopefully it will be a few months away as I would really like to build a bigger better cage. and bunny proof the house a bit more.

So glad no offense taken.

Truly glad to hear you are looking into getting another bunny in the future.

K :)

Back