Hi I'm Lily R.I.P. Fluffy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilylop

Reaction score
Hi my name is Lily I'm 6 years old and my mummy is typing this out for me as I am not a very good speller.

I am hopefully getting a mini loprabbit for Christmas if I am good and keep my bedroom, lounge and computer room clean which I have been doing for the past 3 months. :)

My Andy (step father) has ordered a really big rabbit hutch for my new bunny. It will turn up this week some time so we have time to mozzie proof it as I don't want him/her to get bitten by mozzies (they are nsty creatures!!)

I don't want to be like some other kids who get a bunny for a present and end up neglecting it so I asked mum to find a forum to help us out if we run in to any problems. Also where to find certain things as most of the stuff mum has read has been on American sites and you can't get that stuff here.

Santa has been having trouble finding me a bunny as I live in the country and rabbits aren't real popular out here or so mum tells me :biggrin2:

Nice to meet you all it's time for bed for me. Mum might check in later :big wink:

Welcome to the Forum lilylop. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck with your new bunny.:running bunny

Hi Lily!
Welcome to RO! That's super exciting that you're getting a rabbit for Christmas! Good for you for wanting to take care of your rabbit properly! Hopefully your mum will find it easy to navigate her way around the forum! For you Lily I'd find that for fun reading the blogs and looking at Photo Philes is the funnest! I often go into Photo Philes to stare at all the GORGEOUS rabbits!

Jj

Welcome, Lily & family. There are a number of people using the forum who are in Australia, so they probably will have suggestions about where Santa might pick up one there. Just post something in the Australia & NZ section for that.

Hi Everyone and thanks for the welcome :biggrin2:

Rachael here Lily's mum. I managed to find her a little grey/black coloured mini lop. Thank god I was begining to freak out a bit there that I wasn't going to get one by a breeder reasonable close decided to part with a little 9 week old boy who she was going to keep for breeding stock :biggrin2:. She will be getting it a week early but its pretty hard to hide a rabbit in the top cupboard LOL .I will post a pic soon. his current name is Zane but she has decided that she doesnt like it so we are trying to come up with a new name, lets just say thats it's not going fantastic LOL.

To be honest I think I am more excited about getting this rabbit than she is! After reading everyone's posts on here they seem to have quite a lot of character. The lady who I am buying it from has said he has a really lovely personality. I can't wait to meet him.

Well thats it for now I will post a pick of him soon

Thanks again for the welcome :biggrin2:

Well I have a cutie patootie of a mini lop myself, and they are FULL of personality. I don't know if it's all mini's but from what I've heard it's pretty common for them to be this way. Toby is cuddly and very affectionate, he'll sit on me for hours while I pet him studying or watching TV; he licks me when I stop :p. He also still binkies around when I first let him out for the day.

Good luck with your bun, they're amazing little creatures :)

Also... yeah we require pictures :D

well here is a pic of the little guy :biggrin2:

fcd49779.jpg

Well, I'm off to Australia to stea- I mean... visit. Yes, visit. cough.

He's adorable :) If you're looking for names that go by how he looks then anything smokey would work (I'm french canadian so Fume is the verb smoke in french, I personally think it's adorable :) It's pronounced more like Foom than Fyoom), but if you're looking for personality you might have to wait and see :)

Good luck!

ha ha ha

He is very cute!! i think we will wait to name him I really want to check out his personallity first.

This week end we will be working hard on modifying his cage to be mozzie proof. The mozzies are going to be bad this year :XI got hammered by them last night and I am still scratching :X

Then next weekend we get to pick the little cutie pie up!!! Will a card board box with a towel in the bottom of it be ok to bring him home in???

I'm 100% sure after we get him I will be on this site alot more lol asking all kinds of stupid questions lol.

He is so cute! What a unique color too. :inlove:

What are mozzies?

That will work ok, but a carrier would be safer. If you don't have any one to make sure he doesn't jump out of the box while you are driving I would say a carrier is a must.

You have to tell us how your daughter reacts and what his name is.

Jj

LakeCondo wrote:
Sadly, we do have mosquitoes, but they're not called mozzies. The only nickname I've ever heard is skeeters.

Ah well most people in Australia call them mozzies. They are such horrible creature! :XWe have just finished mozzie/skeeter proofing the hutch it looks pretty good. Staple gun fine fly screenand half an hours work and we are done!
Such a cute bunny, Best of luck with him.:)
Thank you :DI can't wait till next week end when we can pick him up!!
You have to tell us how your daughter reacts and what his name is.

Jj
I will I can't wait to see her face when we bring him home
welcome to the forum your rabbit is adorable have you thought of a name yet
Thanks for the welcome and for the compliment on behalf of my bunny LOL :D

We haven't thought of a name yet. I think we will pick him up and see what happens

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

What a beautiful bunny! Bunny's are great pets who give lots of love. I have a couple that will sit with me for hours watching a movie. Good Luck!

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Back