hi i am new here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!

If you are looking for a pet, I highly recommend keeping it inside. A bunny lawn ornament can be kept outside :)

Pam

Hi! Welcome to the board! This is the best placefor advice and there are loads of fantastic people! When you get abunny dont forget to post some pictures!

Good luck with your bun buying!!

Siobhan xxx

thank you for your warm welcome, yes i will tryand post a piccie when i get my bunnykins. hopefullygettingone in a couple of weeks, think i am getting a girl bunnie whose mum isa lionhead, whatever that means, she will be half lionhead and halfsomething else, if they can bear to part with her that is. how big dothey grow?

Welcome Rezback,

Lionheads are small rabbits. QTBunnies referred you to an excellent website about them. (Good Job, Siobhan!)

One of our members is a lionhead breeder. Her name is Claudia and she'sa lovely person. Her website ishttp://www.geocities.com/claudiar84/Does.html (Check out the bucks andthe babies while you're there.) You can email her there, I believe, butif not, she visits from time to time.

My first thought to anyone getting a rabbit is to get one from areputable breeder or a shelter. Personally, I have heard of far toomany and had bad experiences from getting rabbits at a petstore.

Keep us posted on when you get one.

-Carolyn

thankyou for the information, yes the one i amgetting is definitely a lion head, hopefully i am getting the one ichose which is a blue/grey colour, in the info i just read i think itis a harlequin colour??

Welcome!

Many people would argue keeping your pet inside is best But we thinkkeeping our rabbit outside was good for it and that was why he lived solong.

But it depends really on:

-The temperature it will drop/rise to.
-how much space.
-if you are sure it will recieve as much love outdoors as it would in.

I keep my rabbits outside.I let themhave run of theentire gardenduring the daywhich is totally fencedoff. I think this is good for them because they can get up to a goodsprint also they are in their natural environment. But to ensure theyget all the love they deserve i go out and visit them and in theeveings Ebony always comes inside and sits on the sofa and watches TVwith me.

Hope this is some help.

Love 4rm loz

oxoxoxoxox

Wow, Loz! What an interesting perspective and scenario you describe. :)

I'm a firm believer that "... a rabbit's place is in thehouse." (House Rabbit Society motto), but under the conditionsthat you describe I'm certain that your bunnies are VERYhappy.

VERY interesting ... thanks for sharing this with us.

--BunnyMommy

LOL! No, that's not the firstclever thing that you've said here ... you always contributevaluable input to the forum. :)

I don't have a choice. If I want any pet thatisn't a fish, it has to be an outside one. Everyone in my household,including me, is allergic to my rabbits. They get lots of attention andtime to run and play so it's not a problem. Even though I would love tohave indoor bunnies, it's just not possible.

Wow, MBB! I didn't know that you were allergic to buns too! :shock:

What a wonderful bunny mom you are. You take suchgood care of the boys. I'm sure that they appreciate all ofthe sacrifices that you make for them.

I just found out in the fall that I'm allergic tothem, when they started shedding. It's not majorly bad but I get itchyeyes, hives down my neck and chin, and I sneeze like there's notomorrow. I still handle them and refuse to get rid of them, I'd diewithout my animals I swear! That's an animal lovers worst nightmare, nopets. lol, I'd go through withdrawl pains if I didn't have them!

Latest posts

Back