Hi from me and my Doris!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozyDoris

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm Jane and have a dozy white lop called Doris, she's about 2-3years old now and has just had to go on a diet as she's gotten a bit podgy! She's a resuce bunny and was found abandoned in a box with two relatives, once she's slimmed down i'm hoping she can have a man in her life!

welcome, i love your avatar how cute, i am assuming that is Doris.

What are you doing for her to loose weight?

Welcome here it is a great place, hope you enjoy looking all around at all the information that this site offers, there is alot ,lol. Cant wait to see more pics of your cutie.

Hi Jane, welcome to RO. That is one cute Bunny in your Avitar:inlove:.

I look forward to many more pictures of her.

You should get her a boyfriend now and maybe she will loose weight with them chasing each other. LOL

Susan:)

Lovey to hear back from people already, yes this is my doris, she is a cutie! I'm cutting back on her pellet food and greens alot and buying some different hay for her. I was hoping to get her a boyfriend but have been told she has to wait till she's a bit slimmer as a new man and a diet might be too much all at once! Bit gutted as had really fallen fora resuce bunny called Harley who had just been widowed :(

you could always get him then keep them seperate, which you would want to do anyway to make sure no one gets sick. Good diet for her to be on more hay less pellets.

Welcome DozyDoris! :welcome1

Doris looks fine to me.:bunnydance: She is cute in the picture.
Are you feeding her Timothy pellets and Timothy Hay? Avoid Alfalfa products if you want to loose weight.

I wish the RSPCA won't let me have him, very sad :(and that i've made Doris a bit podgy too. I'd just bought some alfafa hay so will give that up! I feed her science selective pelets and it is Timothys hay that i am going to get for her. She's not enormous but bigger than she should be I guess

They say it would be stressful for her to meet a new chap and diet at the same time, she's always lived on her own with me. Am a bit sad as Harley is a lovely little chap but guess I'll have to wait.....

Hi Jane, I'm confused here. Why would dieting be stressful and how did they know she was going to be on a diet?

I have put my Wilbur & Jackie on a "Diet". I am just cutting back on their pellets and veggies but very gradually. I really don't see how this can be stressful.

I think you should try to adopt Harley, really how can these people at the SPCA refuse you just because your bunny is a "little over weight".

Susan:)

I don't know, one of the girls who is learning the ropes recommended this site to me! When they came to do my home visit she said Doris was over weight so I guess she is, she is a really stiff bunny and even when i first had her she just didn't hop around very freely, but her weight now might not help, she's not terribly fat and i've started to cut her down already, they've failed me on the home visit so I can't have Harley as he's from the RSPCA, I would have given him a lovely home if he and Doris had got on OK :(

:hello:welcome1

So glad you were sent our way, that's so sweet!

I'm sure the RSPCA knows what they're doing, I suspect they just want to make sure that you're the type of person that will do what they recommend and not just make promises and toddle off and feed whatever. A lot of people unfortunately are like that. :(

People don't realize how badly rabbits can be affected by being overweight. It's probably thebiggest health hazard, compromising the heart,liver, etc. You don't want to be stressing out an obsese bunny.

You seem to be doing everything right,though, so I suspectyourDoris will be seeing a companion. :)

Looking forward to seeing more of Doris (pics!!), and seeing how this plays out!!

sas :bunnydance:

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments, I love my bunny, I had a Sydney before Doris he was a white lop and was so full of fun, I was sorry to only have him in my life for such a short time - he was an older bunny when I got him and had lots of dental problems eventually deveolped an absus and I had to let him go. I do hope I can find a boyfriend for my Doris, I'd only ever want to do the best for my animals (I have a beagle too!) and I'm so glad I was sent to this site! Not many from the UK here! But it's so lovely.

Don't know how to post photos as it won't let me cut and paste! x

DozyDoris wrote:
Don't know how to post photos as it won't let me cut and paste! x

Hey there, here is a link from the chat about the forum section on using a photo hostinig site called Photobucket. You'll have to use something like that to post pics here, as the forum no longer supports attachments. Let us know if you have any trouble. Good Luck:)!

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=25443&forum_id=47

th_Allpicsfrommymobile2006-2008251.jpg
My Doris having her first weigh in with Bunny Slimming Club!

Latest posts

Back