Hi from Canada! (pics and vids)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingKuba

Reaction score
Recently we adopted "Junior" from our neighbours who moved out. He's been great so far and very trouble free.

213j7rm.jpg

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/_rpqZaXJ6jE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Anyone know what exact breed it is? I've had some guesses but not really sure.

I'm hoping to get a Lionhead bunny in the future.

Thought I would say Hi, seems like a nice forum. :)

I'll post some more pics and vids later on

Welcome! He looks a lot like my Holland lop, if he is under 4lbs he probely is :)

My Holland lops ears are kinda funny like his, they are just starting too lop.

Hi Junior is very cute. Can't believe someone would give him away. Guess he's lucky he found you. :)

I notice a few plants around your place, have you checked to make sure they are not poisonious to the bunny. Also is that a balcony Junior is on, I'd be blocking that off so he doesn't jump or fall from it.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of Junior.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi Junior is very cute. Can't believe someone would give him away. Guess he's lucky he found you. :)

I notice a few plants around your place, have you checked to make sure they are not poisonious to the bunny. Also is that a balcony Junior is on, I'd be blocking that off so he doesn't jump or fall from it.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of Junior.

Thank You.:) The couple was moving to a place where he would have less room and they had no time for him.

I was a little worried at first about the plants/balcony, we kept it closed initially but we let him explore to see how he would act and he seems very sure of his surroundings, it's one of his fave spots, laying on the balcony. The only plants he eats are parceley and this other plant which I forget the name but checked to see if it was safe. He's very picky with things on the balcony. There is one plant that could be poisonous but we moved it high up so he can't reach it.

Have bunnies actually jumped off balconies before? You'd think they'd be smart enough not too, idk. He jumps on and off the couch so carefully and cautiously like he is measuring if it's safe. He rarely even gets close to the railing.

I always read about how people say rabbits destroy/chew/bite everything in the house but he's done nothing after over two months now. He's out his cage all day now, just goes in the box to poo.

Kuba

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Very cute bunner.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

He's really cute. I love his colouring.

Has he been neutered?

Have you thought about getting him a bunny friend? I'm just thinking you said he was blind in one eye. Do you know what caused it?

I'm just thinking of his future maybe having a buddy would be good for him. Now saying that I have 2 single bunnies that I think are quite happy, who knows maybe I should have tried to bond them. I also have a bonded pair who are just so sweet with each other.

Love to see more pictures of Junior.

Hi, Welcome to RO!

How old is the bunny? Is he full grown? He looks like a Holland Lop to me too or a Holland cross. (Holland/Netherland Dwarf?)

The watery eye issue might also depend on his age.

Welcome to the world of bunny slavery. ;)

sas :welcome1

SOOOSKA wrote:
He's really cute. I love his colouring.

Has he been neutered?

Have you thought about getting him a bunny friend? I'm just thinking you said he was blind in one eye. Do you know what caused it?

I'm just thinking of his future maybe having a buddy would be good for him. Now saying that I have 2 single bunnies that I think are quite happy, who knows maybe I should have tried to bond them. I also have a bonded pair who are just so sweet with each other.

Love to see more pictures of Junior.

Thank You.

He's not neutered which I was surprised about.

Yes I want get him a little girlfriend in the future. I really want a lionhead.
I assume she would have to be spayed, plus Junior would be a lot older, not sure if that would pose a problem initially???

The previous owners said the eye problem was genetic/old age and that it was quite common in rabbits. I never would have noticed by the way he acts or looks unless they mentioned it.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Wu4CB7yXpZI&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Junior munching on his fave plant.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Yi7hxoZnqeg&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

He really gets in there trying to get the last bits left. :)

The watery eye from "genetics" or "old age" often means elongated tooth roots. It's definitely something to watch.

Keep in mind rabbits don't show signs of pain or illness until they're VERY ill.

Make sure you see a vet who really knows rabbits and that they check his teeth (although it can need an x-ray).

Check his face often for any signs of swelling.

There are a lot of Lionheads at shelters, you can probably find a young girl already spayed. This guy will probably need to be neutered, though, otherwise he'll harass her and they'll never get along.

I love his ears!

sas :bunnydance:

Back