Hi From a Newbie!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww Jane..I am in love with your bunnies (and their names). How cute!:inlove:

What breed is major tom? Its hard to tell in the pic..he kind of resembles my Mr. Tumnus.

Keep those pics coming :) :bunnieskiss

-Haley and the boys:rabbithop:dutch:bunny19

Those are some cute buns! They look very well taken care of! I loce the pic of the two cuddling! How cute is that?

I would love to see some more pics of yourbunnies.

Bunny Fufu

And here is another of my 35 Buns

rabbits528.jpg

This is Hal. He has very poor sight and will only allow me to handle him.

Janex

What a stunning bunch of bunnies :).How did you come to have 35 -are they all rescues? Got to say, that Lord Lopsley is the first Velveteen Lop I've seen, and he is totally beautiful. Keep the pics and stories coming.

BTW - Welcome :D

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
What a stunning bunch of bunnies :).How did you come to have 35 -are they all rescues? Got to say, that Lord Lopsley is the first Velveteen Lop I've seen, and he is totally beautiful. Keep the pics and stories coming.

Jan
Hi Jan,

My Bunnies are mostly from Rescue or from people who could not cope with a Bun once he/she developed a long term condition. However, I did get Lord Lopsley from a Breeder. Not something I would normally do and I got a lot of flack from some people. I Long Term Foster two elderly frail Bunnies for a local Rescue.

Just wish I could do more for all the Bunnies out there who need a loving home. So I do understand why I got the flack re His Lordship........

Thanks for the welcome

Janex

RexRabbit wrote:
LuvaBun wrote:

Jan
Hi Jan,

My Bunnies are mostly from Rescue or from people who could not cope with a Bun once he/she developed a long term condition. However, I did get Lord Lopsley from a Breeder. Not something I would normally do and I got a lot of flack from some people. I Long Term Foster two elderly frail Bunnies for a local Rescue.

Just wish I could do more for all the Bunnies out there who need a loving home. So I do understand why I got the flack re His Lordship........

Thanks for the welcome

Janex

Tabitha's buddy Fuzzy Wuzzy came from a breeder. I get a lot of hassle about it, but I wouldn't trade my girl for anything. Some decisions you make for your own reason. And I also get a fair amount of people who say (right as I'm gearing up for criticism) "well now that I've met her, I can see why!" Quite a few people who met her last night wanted to know where they could get one like her . . . and these are rabbit rescue people! I'm sure the comments only last until they get to know Lord Lopsley as well.

Steph

All of your bunnies are so cute! Uncle Albert's picture really tugged at my heartstrings! More pictures of him, please! You know, you have so many rescued bunnies that I think it's perfectly fine if you got one from a breeder. It's not like you haven't already saved plenty :)

OHHHH!!!! I LOVE ALL OF YOUR BUNNYS!! And now Imlate for work!!! I just couldnt stop looking! Thanks for all you do forthe buns!!:D:bunnydance:

Hi everyone

Sorry I have not been around for a while. These past few weeks havebeen very difficult as I have lost 3 of my rabbits in rapid succession:(

First Orlaith, a 3 year old Orange Rex Doe died due to Pneumonia and Penicillin induced Enterotoxaemia :(

Then my dear old Uncle Albert, an 11 year old Agouti Lop lost his fight with Fibrosarcoma (cancer):(

Then last week I was devastated to loose my 6 month old Velveteen Lop,Lord Lopsley, to Liver/Lung cancer, probably as a result ofLymphosarcoma (cancer of the lymphatic system):(

As you can imagin I am feeling rather shell-shocked about all the losses:(

But I have 34 other Rabbits relying on me and that stops me sitting about feeling miserable all the time.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop in to update you and to say 'Hi':hello

Janex

Hi Jane,

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your three little ones.

I'm sure they are all at the RainbowBridge:rainbow:taking care of each other andwatching over you with all your other babies.

I will say a prayer for you and the babies.:angelandbunny:

Soooska

Aww Jane, I'm so sorry to hear this, especiallyLord Lopsey, he was so young and beautiful:sad:I admire youso much for what you do.

Janex,

You and your bunnies are in my prayers.

You area bunny saint for everything you do. Im sure you madelife wonderful for those three every minute they were with you.

Hi Jane! I'm glad to see you back over here! :hug2:

I'm still so shocked about Lord Lopsley. And I didn't evenknow Orlaith passed, must have been before I started checking RUagain. I did post about Uncle Al and Lord Lopsley in ourRainbow Bridge thread as they both had some fans over here.

:purplepansy:

Thank you all for your replies:)

I will try and be a more frequent visitor!!

As requested here are a couple more piccies of Major Tom. Dont worryabout the cable you see in this first picture, The Major has noincisors and very few molars so cant chew it!!

MiscPics123.jpg

This is how he likes to sit when I am working on my computer!!

MiscPics128.jpg

Since loosing Orlaith, Uncle Albert and baby Lord Lopsley I have taken in Gorden Bennet

MiscPics294.jpg

and Inspector Morse

Picture014.jpg

Even though the pain of loosing any rabbit is TERRIBLE I will neverstop taking on Buns who need a home. I guess quality of life is asimportant as quantity so even if they are only with me for a few weeksbefore being called to Rainbow Bridge I will do all I can to make themhappy.

Janex

I am so sorry for your recent losses - suchbeautiful buns :(! I guess the more rabbits you have, the moreheartache you let yourself in for, but you are doing such a greatjob. Love the new additions!

Jan

Latest posts

Back