Hi Everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mz_Mala

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself and my 2 buns. I had bunnies over the years as a child, but this is the first time as an adult I've had rabbits and it's definitely a new experience! These 2 sweeties actually belong to my son, but as he left a few months ago to go off to college, I'll be their main caregiver now.

Oreo is 2.5 years old now, and although we thought he was a Holland Lop in the beginning, his size makes the vet think he's likely actually a Mini Lop (he's 6#). He's very smart and likes to be extra at times. If he hears you open a package of pretty much anything he comes to investigate and wants you to give him some. His markings are really cool because he has a perfectly shaped heart on one side, and what looks like 2 angel wings on his back.

Zelda (I call her Bean, because she looks like a bunny jellybean to me) is about 10 months old or so and is about 6.5# now. The vet thinks she's an English Spot. She's pretty dramatic in everything she does, especially her side flops. If there was a "Best Bunny Actress of the Year" award, she'd definitely be a contender. haha

I have some challenges ahead (they are not yet bonded) and so I'm glad I found this community as I'm sure I'll have questions for you guys! :D

Attachments

• Bean.jpg
    Bean.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Or.jpg
    Or.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
The one wrapped up is Hotot. We rescued an "English Spot" according to the Lodi shelter and she was full grown--very skinny and 7 pounds. She turned out to be a Checkered Giant and was very young as she grew to almost 20 pounds over the next 8 months. We only care that they are happy and healthy and got a big bonus with her as she turned out to be a lap rabbit and never minded being picked up and held or spending hours sitting on our laps while on the couch.

Back