Hi Everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow4vr

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 4-5 month old mini rex named Rupert! A mother bought him from a pet store for an easter present for her son. Turns out her son didnt want him, Im normally a reptile lady but I over heard this mother talking about how she was just going to let him go outside. I quickly jumped into the convo and told her I would take him. I cant believe how horrible some people can be! Well anyway, I now have a rabbit!

I looked online on how to sex a rabbit.... From what I see.. He is looking like a she. Ill post a pic, what do you experts think? I was planning on getting "him" neutered at 6 months (thats what I've been reading to do) I do not see any sign of testicles. Well Ill post the pic and see what everyone thinks. Thank you for your help!!!!

image_zps71f609c0.jpeg

Sooooooooo cute!!!
image-1_zps992f0fd9.jpeg

Hi & welcome!
Rupert is adorable! So glad you saved him! I can't believe how people can just turn any creature loose into the wild without thought of how or if it could survive! Hopefully some of our more experienced members can help answer your questions.

As per the sexing, you will need to get a better image.
Can you place your fingers on either side of the genital area and gently push down and apart to have the genital area sort of pop out. (do not push too hard)
It does appear female in that photo but with out being properly exposed its hard to guarantee

Welcome to the forum, Rupert is absolutely adorable :) The pictures come up a bit small which makes it hard to tell but probably a girl I think.

Thank you everyone! I did talk to a vet friend and she did say Rupert is a girl. I have renamed her Rubee :D

Latest posts

Back