Hi Everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jls207

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm not technically new here, but I haven't been on in quite a while.

My boyfriend and I adopted a rabbit from a pet store without doing much research about two years ago (bad idea, I know) and it passed away the following day. This was both a good and bad experience for us: we realized how much much effort it took to care for rabbits as well as how complex they are and spent hours online and in the library doing research, though the experience was traumatizing for us.

A few months later we adopted Darwin, a white and gray lionhead, from a reputable breeder, as the shelters in our area did not have rabbits. We have had him for almost two years and have learned a lot about the ups and downs of owning a rabbit.

Darwin is a friendly and curious little furball who loves to be petted. He absolutely loves bananas and will follow you around until you give him a tiny piece.

566761_10151165271872393_1596979633_o.jpg

Hi & welcome to you & Darwin!
He is an adorable ball of fluff! So sorry your first bunny died so quickly after your getting him/her. I would have been terribly upset with the pet store & could never do business with them again, not even to buy food or toys! They should have a knowledgeable staff, checking any animals for signs of illness. Glad to have you back (even though I'm still a newby here myself). This is a great place with knowledgeable & friendly bunny lovers to ask questions or just share with! !My best to you & Darwin!

Welcome to RO! Darwin is adorable! I'm so sorry you lost your other bunny, and yes I would also be angry at the pet shop too. It couldn't have been your fault that he died.

Latest posts

Back