Hi everyone!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
I disappeared a little bit! I have been very busy and haven't had much of a chance to get on and make any posts. So... "Hi guys!!"

The bunnies are very well both very happy and healthy thank God. They are living it up in the last month or two that they have my bedroom all to themselves.

We are buying a house very soon and I have roomates moving in that have a cat and a chihuahua. Which means my boyfriend is going to have to make a cage for them. I just feel really bad because they are so used to being free in the bedroom. I hope they don't get depressed... I will let them out of course, but I'm still worried they'll be upset.

The cage will be huge, but I need advice on things I can build into it or just put in it so that they will be happy. Neither of them really "play" so toys just sit there...

Oh yeah, and, should I have them in the cage while we're still living here in order to get them used to it? Or should we just go from here to the house with the cage in it?

Hm.. this is tricky, I'm curious what other would say, too.. about whether to move them into the cage now or move them into it immediately at the new place. Hm. Imo, I think being moved into the cage might go over better after moving into the new location because if they're surrounded by new/unfamiliar things anyway, they may adjust better than being put in it while in an area they're used to being able to have free run of. I think either way, the buns would adjust alright.

I know for our two in their pens, small blankets, towels, and their own pillow or carpet (for digging/chewing) are huge hits. Also, two levels or things to jump on are favorites like a box for each that they can run into/jump on top of and burrow inside or build a small bunny hideout from wood. This may be too large for your space, but I hear those cardboard bunny condos are loved by buns and fairly inexpensive. Maybe one of those rolling hay balls for entertainment while eating?

Hmm.. what else.. I've found that alternating their toys helps to keep them more interested, too. But for us, cardboard and blankets are their favs and toys that make noise ;).

Just thought I'd throw this in, too.. our bun Max was used to a pretty large open kitchen as "his room" and had free run. About 10 days ago he was moved into a good sized pen in our livingroom alongside our new bun for bonding purposes. The first couple of days he pouted a bit, but he's adjusted well and seems happy so long as he gets loves from us daily :). So far the only unpleasant thing is Max's new obsession with chewing on the metal bars of his pen.. the silly thing.. :rollseyes but I guess that's a pretty common habit.

Latest posts

Back