Hi everyone - please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceri

Reaction score
Welsh girl (South Wales), , United Kingdom
As you may know my rabbit's name is chubbs, wehad him from a rescue centre about 6 months ago now. Chubbs is a houserabbit, he plays ain a large cage during the day and roams around thehouse inthe evenings when i get home from work.

HOwever we were considering rescuiong another rabbit but i'm not surewhat to do will chubbs be o.k. As chubbs is a large bunny we wouldideally like a drawf rabbit this time they would have their own cagesbut how would i introduce them???

Oh and chubbs has already been castrated so hormones shouldn't be a problem

I would very greatful for any help at all thanks Ceri XXX

There are no guarentees on them gettingalong. I have three and two get along and have worked outtheir stuff. My other will tollerate one of them more now,they are kind of acting like they are working things out. Butshe does not get aong with the other and the reverse. I thinkthe one has bonded with mee too much. All are fixed.

ed

Hi Ceri,

One of our members works at a shelter and they have a "bunny dating service".

You bring Chubbs into the shelter and they go and pick each individualrabbit and introduce them to Chubbs with you there to observe how theywould get along. They have to be in a mutually unterritorialized areaupon their first encounter.

Buck Jones has used this theory and it's worked very well for him. Justa thought if you're thinking of rescuing another rabbit and in case youdon't have one in mind.

-Carolyn

Back