Hi back after awhile

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissa

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in awhile due to life craziness but now I actually have some time again (yeah!) I have been reading the forums off and on cause I love this place!

Updates in my life:

Finished an accelerated nursing program and now have a master's degree. I am working as a nurse at a children's hospital (what caused the lack of time). I made a career change from microbiology to nursing.

Purchased a new house. Went from 1/2 acre to 3 acres. Love it! We also have an attached 3 car garage!

Sad update: In Feb my heart bunny Willow the Flemish Giant died of GI stasis. He went down so fast, it was less than 24 hours between me noticing he was 'off' to the rush to the vet to his death in my arms at 5am. I still do not know what triggered it as he was an avid hay muncher and a very active rabbit. He is buried next to my childhood dog and my parent's purchased a rabbit statue for his marker. I miss him so much. He got me through nursing school.

Happy update: I adopted a dutch rabbit named Oreo from the Columbus House Rabbit Society. He is still a bit shy (especially around the dog) but he is a cutie! I wanted to get a rabbit that was nothing like my flemish because I didn't want to 'replace' Willow.

Arwen the Australian Shepard was attacked by a Great Dane on a walk. She was a bit ripped up on the back leg and I had my arm severely bitten. Our vet is amazing though and Arwen is fine again. Its funny when you drive like crazy to the vet to save your dog before even looking to see you are bleeding everywhere also. The other owner payed for everything after a visit from the police, I just hope she contains her dog better in the future.

Zander the Californian is now 3 years old. He is trying to teach Oreo that the dog isn't scary. He's a funny bunny and can be shy but loves when my mother visits (she gives out treats). He and Oreo are housed next to each other as I haven't attempted any bonding yet. Its ok if they don't bond but I would like if they could be friends.

So sorry for your loss. I used to carry pepper spray and a collapsible baton when out walking as I got bit once and decided it would never happen again and the owner was totally not responsible as the dog was out all the time til animal control seized it. Need to get some pics up of your new Dutchie.

Latest posts

Back