Hey :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry! Did the breeder say what happened? Does she have any other litters or know of someone else who has kits? Don't give up though. I'm sorry about losing this little bun before you got him but there are other buns in need of homes. You are prepared with everything you need when you get your bun so use this time to learn all you can to be a good bunny mom when you do get your bunny. Guess I am saying this gives you more time to get more comfortable preparing for your bunny. Also, you will meet some wonderful people here to guide you as a new bunny person when you have your bunny. Sorry this little one didn't make it.

I'm so sorry! Did the breeder say what happened? Does she have any other litters or know of someone else who has kits? Don't give up though. I'm sorry about losing this little bun before you got him but there are other buns in need of homes. You are prepared with everything you need when you get your bun so use this time to learn all you can to be a good bunny mom when you do get your bunny. Guess I am saying this gives you more time to get more comfortable preparing for your bunny. Also, you will meet some wonderful people here to guide you as a new bunny person when you have your bunny. Sorry this little one didn't make it.

Thank you,

3 bunnies died (one of them was suppose to be mine) . they were hand-reared because the mom wouldn't let them approach her - the milk they gave to them wasn't quite like the one that their mother would've gave them ; she told me that they died because of that.
They have rabbits who will be ready to go in 1 month.

I'm really happy that i've found this forum though ; and you are right, it will definitely give me some time to be more informed about rabbits. I felt ready to have one right away but, that's okay, i'm just very sad about how things turned out. :/
I might go see other holland lops next weekend,they are from another place, I haven't seen pics yet - they say they have one brown lop and one fuzzy left. They also have younger ones who will be ready to go later (they didnt say when) , I'm waiting for an answer from them.

(I hope you can understand what I wanted to say - I had trouble translating everything in english! )

Last edited:
Crap! So sorry to hear this--was thinking, what a cute little guy and now I fell like I've been kicked in the gut. So sorry you were never able to bond to and with him. What a complete bummer.:cry1:

Thank you ; its really sad, poor bun :/

I've found a rabbitry that's a little bit more far away from my place ; I'm going to visit on thursday or sunday. They have holland lops, 2 of them are bucks :) hopefully i'll leave with one of them ; I haven't seen pictures of them yet so i really have no idea how they look.
here's their website : http://www.thebarnyardzoo.com/general_info.html

Thank you,

3 bunnies died (one of them was suppose to be mine) . they were hand-reared because the mom wouldn't let them approach her - the milk they gave to them wasn't quite like the one that their mother would've gave them ; she told me that they died because of that.
They have rabbits who will be ready to go in 1 month.

I'm really happy that i've found this forum though ; and you are right, it will definitely give me some time to be more informed about rabbits. I felt ready to have one right away but, that's okay, i'm just very sad about how things turned out. :/
I might go see other holland lops next weekend,they are from another place, I haven't seen pics yet - they say they have one brown lop and one fuzzy left. They also have younger ones who will be ready to go later (they didnt say when) , I'm waiting for an answer from them.

(I hope you can understand what I wanted to say - I had trouble translating everything in english! )

Your English is better than my very rusty French! lol Your posts & replies were easy to understand. I'm sorry that the bunny didn't make it. Hope you can find another bunny soon. We're here for you & your bunny for questions or just to chat & share pix.

I GOT MY RABBIT :) he is SO PERFECT! :happyrabbit: he's grey and white, 3 months old. When we got home, I noticed that he was full of knots, so I bought some conditioning spray, hopefully I wont have to cut them off. Anyways, right when we got home he seemed a little bit anxious so I left him in his cage about 1h30 and he seemed more relaxed so I let him explore my room a little bit . He's laying on my lap right now (its been like 30 mins :) ) , he really seem to enjoy being petted :)
he also seems to love soft things, I have a couple of fleeces, theres one in his cage and one on the floor and he lays down on those a lot!
Also, it seems like he won't poop on my floor, only in his cage :goodjob:
I bought a litter, anytime he does his bunny business I put it in there, hopefully he will understand the concept soon!
Overall, I am SO HAPPY! :) I can't wait to take pics of him tomorrow (I'll post them here :) )

Theres only one thing though, he's from a farm, he was outside in a very small cage FULL of bunnies :( I felt so sad when I saw that.
He's very dirty but I do not want to bathe him, since its not so good for rabbits. He's got dry poop all over his but and genitals, I'd like to clean that, but i'm scared to hurt him :/ he also smells kind of bad. what should I do?

Ps; sorry for my bad english (again xD)

Oh congrats! He sounds adorable! Can't wait to see some pics! :) I'm not sure how to clean him but maybe you could wet a washcloth and try to wipe it off? Or maybe just put him in a shallow bit of water. I hope you can clean him.

Oh and I think your english is perfect! :)

Yes maybe chinchilla! Here is a picture of my chinchilla boy.
phpgjqiwjpm-6696.jpg

Is that his color?

here are some really bad pics of him - you get to see what colour he is at least :p

DSCF4220.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

DSCF4224.jpg

By the way ; I know that cage in the background is small ; don't worry its opened all day long and i'm getting a playpen - i'll attached it to the cage :)

he's a broken chinchilla. you can clean him off by just clipping the hair (be careful about the genitals). but often when you get them onto clean surroundings they will keep themselves nicely cleaned up.

He looks like a broken chinchilla (is that even possible?) Mini Lop! He's so cute!
haha I wasn't sure if that term existed so I didn't want to say it! But it does :)
By the way, he's a holland lop - mini lops are bigger :)

----

@ladysown I cleaned him a little bit the night he got home and he also did clean himself - now there's nothing left :bunnyheart

Latest posts

Back