Hey!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorxley

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this forum, actually i've never really done the forum thing at all. But since i have spent a lot of time stalking here (you guys seemed to have the answer to most of my rabbit googled questions) i thought id join.
I got my baby girl Mookie about 4 or 5 months ago and ever since she has been my shadow. She comes with me almost every where. She sits in the passengers seat next to me in the car, on my lap in the boat. She's happy to be petted by anyone or to be anywhere, as long as I'm around.
At home she has the run of the flat pretty much, she hardly uses her cage, but prefers to follow me around and sleep on my bed. She runs to greet me at the door when i get home and i'll even forgive her from the early wake up licks i get almost every morning (normally about 15minutes before my alarm, i don't know how she knows!!)
Anyway none of my friends can believe that a bunny could possible act like she does or how attached i am to her! So thought you guys might understand a little more. I've learnt so much about bunnies here already! I'm also trying to work out what type of bunny she is, if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it?

Welcome Chorxley,

Mookie sounds adorable. I can't really see her pic to help you find out what kind of bunny she is.

Bunnies form very close bonds with their bunny friends. I've actually read where the life expectancy is less for a bunny living alone rather than with a bunny friend. Since Mookie is a single bun, you are her bonded friend. She loves you very deeply and show's it by grooming you and staying by your side. When bunnies lose their bonded friend they will mourn them just like we humans do. I recently had a friend who lost her bunny to old age. His bonded partner died a month later of a broken heart:(

Bunnies are so wonderful. I'm excited for you and Mookie!! You're starting a wondrful rewarding journey with your new friend:)

Kim

Aww welcome. Mookie sounds like quite the character!! Glad you found this forum. Definetly willmfind fellow bunny lovers here :) my friends and don't really understand my love for my buns either. And I don't think people realize how smart they are or how much personality they have! They are all each unique. Agnes my Lionhead sounds like your mookie, follows me around alot, always wants pets. Archie my mini Rex is a bit more on guard and easily annoyed, lol. He still likes pets but is more on edge.
I can't really see your bun too well in the avatar to help with breed. If you post more pics maybe we can help.

Thank guys!!

Yeah i was thinking about getting her a buddy when i first got her but she has only ever seen other rabbits from a distance since i have had her and she didn't like them at all, so i forgot about it. But now i have gotten to know a bit more about bunnies i am re thinking.

I love reading about everyone else's buns.. its great to hear similar stories!

Totally forgot to attach the photos! There not the greatest but maybe someone will have an idea, if not does't really matter :)

18260_10151351739195281_1626247009_n.jpg

65081_10151350329280281_2042855307_n.jpg

577899_10151351746080281_1286013983_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back