Hey, Im new with a new Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
Hey eveyone!! Finally ive found a forum to chatabout bunny's! I live in Devon in the UK, and yesterday i bought myselfa bunny. His gorgeous, his a Mini Rex and 12 weeks old. His white withbrown patches on him. I will get some pics of him soon to show you. Hestill doesnt have a name, i did kind of like Rhubarb but im not tosure, so any names would be appreciated!

My bunny is quite nervous and like to run away, im putting that down tohim still settling in and the fact his young ish and just beenseperated from his friends. He does like to lick my hand when im givinghim food. I did manage to pick him up today to hold him and stroke himand he just sat there and didnt wriggle to much. I just worry about himgetting loose out of m hands because the garden is big it would take awhile to get him back to im in the middle of building himalarge run.

Anyway id better go, il put piccies up of him soon.

Rachx

Hi Rachel, welcome. So pleased you havejust got a bunny. I used to have a rex and she was sofriendly. I'm sure he will soon settle in. When you pick himup just make sure you've got him firmly, and support his bum.Any problems you have, everyone here is really helpful - I have learneda lot from reading their posts. Look forward to seeing any photos youmay have

Jan

I had a mini rex once that was also that color. I called him Prince Charming....

He'll settle down in a week or so, don't worry. Take him inside andhold him on your lap and stroke the inside and outside of his ears withyour thumb and forefinger. Or pet him gently and firmly from the tip ofthe nose over the back. Do that for a couple days and most lonelybabies will bond very firmly with you!

I carried my babies with me when I first got them. I stuck them in myjacket and walked around until they fell asleep. They like small darkwarm places. When he starts figuring out you're the lady with thetreats, you'll get a really warm reception!

If you're worried about him getting loose, get a leash and harness.Make sure you avoid the figure-8 kind--they can be dangerous. AnH-shaped one is better, it doesn't choke them.

Rose

Latest posts

Back