Hey I am watching a rabbit for my friend's family while they are on vaca. need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitkeeper01

Reaction score
I am watching friend's rabbit while they're gone. He/She has her own palace in the garden like a big cage with two small houses the rabbit can be in with stairs.
I've been feeding him now for 17 days but yesterday when I was done filling up his rabbit food and hay. Outside of the cage I whistled to him/her (idk remember the gender) and ran to his house where the food was. But today I tried it again and he ran towards the fence where I was like was he scared and trying to attack me or something?
I'm kinda scared to feed him tomorrow and worried he might be aggressive :/

I would be grateful if you could answer my other question, thank you!
What time should rabbits eat? and is 13 pm to 16 pm okay to feed your rabbit or later 18 pm 19 pm or 20 pm?

Last edited:
Just keep your daily routine. Rabbit need to have access to food (like hay) 24/7, they eat most around dusk and dawn but do eat throughout day and night more or less regularily.

Don't worry, this is just a normal bunny, not Monty Phytons Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog :D. Anyway, if he ran towards you most likely he was happy because you bring him food, I have to tread very carefully when I bring the fresh forage because they all come running.

Just keep your daily routine. Rabbit need to have access to food (like hay) 24/7, they eat most around dusk and dawn but do eat throughout day and night more or less regularily.

Don't worry, this is just a normal bunny, not Monty Phytons Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog :D. Anyway, if he ran towards you most likely he was happy because you bring him food, I have to tread very carefully when I bring the fresh forage because they all come running.
it went okay today but I must say do rabbits get comfortable with you after 2 weeks? It was scared of me and hid but in these few days it has grown comfortable with me and it sometimes hinders me when I'm about to place the food. Thought we were gonna keep a formal relationship and not some owner relationship :/

I'm a little bit terrified of rabbits cause I don't know much about them like I do with demonic sassy cats and stupid lovely dogs. Don't know when their anger, sad, scared, etc...

Maybe the rabbit has just gotten used to you. He/she will probably start to recognise you and associate you with food, caring for him, etc. He is probably excited to see you! But don't worry; he'll be excited to get his owners back again, too.

Rabbits aren't that dangerous (I personally would rather deal with an angry rabbit than an angry cat or dog--those sharp predator teeth and claws!), but they can be easily frightened. If you're nervous and jumpy around him, you run the risk of startling him, if you come at him too fast, etc. It doesn't sound like your friend's rabbit is scared of you anymore, though; it sounds like he likes you now (or, rather, the food you bring 😆)!

Latest posts

Back