Hey guys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Hopefully some of you remember me.

If you do remember me:

RememberMacey and Keiran? My old rabbits? Here's what happened to them -

One week I was planning to go on vacation with one of my friends. My mom told me I should really think about getting rid of my bunnies. I was like "What? Why?" and she went on to tell me I was almost an adult and soon I'd be working and going to school and I wouldn't have any time for them. I already told her I wasn't going to school but apparently when you become an adult you have less time for your pets? I don't know. I told her no there would always be time for them but she told me she already put an ad in the paper! I started freaking, but then I was just like oh well I just won't answer any calls. I think my mom had been planning this for a while.But apparently my mom had found some lady who wanted them and she invited them over to come get them and I don't know where my opinion mattered on any of this!! The morning I was leaving for the beach she came and got them. She assured me they would be given lots and lots of attention and would be kept inside and together blah blah. Well the only advantage she had over me was the inside part...she gave me her number and said I could call whenever to check on them and come visit - but that would have been too hard on me. I don't want to have to come visit my bunnies. But I guess they weren't mine anymore...needless to say I hated my mom for a long time. Keiran was a sweetie and I'd really hate to give him up, but Macey...I've had Macey for so long.She was the best bunny. Gave kisses all the time didn't mind if you held her...no bunny will ever replace her. You guys are probably thinking - why didn't you fight for them? I tried, I didn't go into a lot of details but I argued a lot with my mother, but it was her house so I lost that battle.

But now I'm eighteen and as soon as a graduated I moved out of my parents house onto my own with my boyfriend. And we had to get another bunny. I wish we could have adopted but there are no shelters anywhere near me. And we went to the pet store and I fell in love with a little boy bunny who we named Ashton/Ash/Ashy. He loves to chew on everything so we have to watch him constantly. He hates to be held even for a second.He gets into everything, makes messes of his cage, knock things off shelves, etc.But he loves to lay down with you and cuddle with you at any part of the day.

For those who don't remember me or joined later -

HEY LOOK AT MY BUNNY :) Isn't he cute?

When we got him...

668y.jpg

Now...

222zv.jpg

6778.jpg

Omgsh! I would have been sooo upset! I'm so sorry that that had happened... but at least you have Ashton, who looks like a complete sweetie!

I moved out the day after I graduated and never regretted it. My move wasn't precipitated by loss of pets however. I got sick of my parents doing everything for my younger sister and nothing for me. They sure got a rude awakening after I was gone and begin to realize what a selfish little you know what she was.

Feels good doing that doesn't it, lol
It was kinda similar for my family and me, being the eldest child I was treated the most harshly, and now my 2 younger sisters get absolutley whatever they want, rules are not terribly enforced for them... not that they appreciate it at all :X Honestly I could rant and rave for hours about them,but I'll cut it short :p

Wow! I can't believe your mom did that without your permission! That was very uncalled for. :(

Any chance you could get Macey & Keiran back now that you have your own place? Maybe the new owner would understand if you called her up and told her the whole story? I remember them - they were cuties.

Ashton is still adorable though! :) I'm glad you didn't give up on having another bunny, after what you went through! I know I would throw a fit & sue every party possible if I were leaving for vacation, and someone came to pick up my rabbits without my permission!

Emily

Wow... just wow... How sad. How... destructive to the relationship for her to have done such a thing...

but

WELCOME BACK MONTANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You might not remember me but my old account name was MsBinky. Either way, you've been missed! Congrats on your boy (nice choice of name btw :wink). So what are you doing now? Working? Anything interesting? I hope you are doing well! :)

That was so sad. But hey ! Congratulations on your new bunny ! Ashton ? What a cute name. By the way, I'm new here. :) Nice to meet you.

Wow, I can't imagine a parent doing that to their kid unless the kid lost interest and wasn't taking care of it anymore.

I agree, I would contact the ladt that took them, you never know, she very well might part with them or ateast you could get an update and know they are doing ok..or to even give the ladt the option of returning them you IF for any reason she needs to give them up.

Ashton is a total cutie!!

I should have kept the lady's number for when I moved out, but I guess I didn't think that far ahead. It was a little over a year ago, not this July that just passed but the last one. I could also rant about how my mom loves my brothers more than me, nomatter what she says.

@Nela(MsBinky) I remember you! Haha. I'm working now at a gas station in town, just kind of enjoying life after high school. I should have probably signed up for classes or something, but oh well...

Ashton is a handfull, but he is a great bunny to have. He keeps it interesting! I need to start him up a blog and post more of his baby pictures.

Latest posts

Back