hetti's spay is today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
:(Took Hetti for her spay thismorning. Went in to sit with Jack and he is hopping on thebed, in the dog basket, under the bed, in the hutch, peering outbetween the fence panel searching for her.

I feel so mean. She was ever such a good girl, struggled abit when the vet listened to her heart but when I put her in her cageto be weighed she let me hold her which she wouldnt normally so i gaveher lots of kisses and then when she had her pre-med she let he holdher again so lots more kisses before we had to leave her.

Sat crying at the computer cos im so worried for her :(

Feel so mean barely slept last night as i thought maybe I was doing the wrong thing.

We have been told to ring at 2pm to see how she is doing... will we beable to bring her home tonight do u think or will it be tomorrow inmost cases?

:tears2:

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!

I just went through this on Monday. I felt even worse when it turnedout to be a spay instead of the expected neuter and now I feel badcause I can't let her out of her cage yet. I might let her out for justa little bit tonight. She's starting to get depressed without her playtime. Mocha's just so hyper and bouncy, I don't want her rippingstitches!

I'm sure Hetti will be fine and will most likely be able to come hometonight. I think Mocha had a rough time because she's so small- 1lb13oz!

Give us an update when you know how she's doing!

:(poor female rabbits. do uknow how long they should be kept in and what to do about letting thetwo of them out together after that period?

My vet usually keeps them overnight, but withBaby's spay, I was able to take her home that day. I was toldto limit their activity for a week, but you'll know when it'stime. Mine all seemed normal after a day or two.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way,

Laura

awww hope everything goes well im getting my 2done hopeful this year or the next when ever i get the money to save upreally lol! aww hope it goes ok!

hubby rung at 2pm and they had only justfinished the op so she is in recovery and asleep still :(hateto think of her all slumped over :(poor baby.Thanks for all ur help will keep posting cos am worried xx

black_jack wrote:
:(poor female rabbits. do u know howlong they should be kept in and what to do about letting the two ofthem out together after that period?

Hey Sweets! I know how you feel! I worried andworried! My vet told me to limit her activity for 7days. No Bunny 500's no binkys :(. She wanted me tokeep her out of the backyard run for two weeks to keep the wound fromgetting dirty. And she wanted me to keep her away from her(neutered) brother for two weeks as well. That proved to beto short of a time and talked with the vet again and she told me thewound is completely healed in one month. So, I waited onemonth till I re-bonded the buns.

Boy, Honey you have a lot on your mind! Poor thing, youreally need some rest and relaxation. How is the boytoday? Any word on Hetti yet?

Hugs!

Shorty & Star

How's the little one doing today?

-Carolyn

Hi guys.

Got Hetti home Friday nightand have been busy with eye drops for Jack and rabbit monitoring sincethen, sorry I did not reply sooner.

Hetti seems as good asnew. When we picked her up on Friday she was so groggy blessher but they had been so lovely and gave her some dandelions to nibbleon.

When we collected her theyworried as she had not been to the toilet yet and asked if we couldkeep an eye on her which we did..we collected her at 6:30 and haddroppings at half 9 which was a big relief.

The vet said that I had tokeep her in her hutch overnight to monitor toilet activities andproviding things went well i was allowed to ler her out in themorning.

Yesterday morning I let herout Jack tried to mount her a couple of times but i tapped his nose sohe left her alone. She was out 10 mins and then returned toher hutch so we left her in there until lunchtime and then let her outagain. Spent yesterday afternoon keeping jack off her andthey both seem fine today.

Was a bit concerned thatThursday - Yesterday they both seemed a bit off their food and water,hubby seems to think that this could have been caused by the heat wehave been experiencing?

Today I went in, threw outthe remaining food from yesterday, and gave them some new pellets andalthough they weren't exactly tripping me up they did come over to gettheir breakfast so fingers crossed.

Hetti seems alot strongertoday which is great although I was a bit concerned the vet said wecould let her out so soon xx

Thanks for all your help andsupport, I hope you are all doing well and that you have a lovelyweekend xx

:mrsthumper::thumper:

Glad to here Hetti's doing well! How's Jack doing? Is he starting to get better?

I started letting Mocha out yesterday even though the vet said twoweeks. When she started throwing fits about staying in her cage,throwing her toys around like mad and desperately trying to get out, Ifigured she'd been in there long enough.

naturestee wrote:
Glad to here Hetti's doing well! How's Jack doing? Is hestarting to get better?

I started letting Mocha out yesterday even though the vet said twoweeks. When she started throwing fits about staying in her cage,throwing her toys around like mad and desperately trying to get out, Ifigured she'd been in there long enough.

Jacks eye seems okay seemseverytime i put drops in he is just scratching his eye bless him haveto admit it looks alot less squinty now. Think we have aroutine going cos if im in there more than 5 mins he runs into hettishutch and the drops go in lol.

Hope Mocha is doingwell. Have to admit when we had Jack neutered he kicked up astink on the second day so i gave in and let himout.

Hetti seems fine out afterjust 2 days so i suppose it depends on how the op went and whether ornot they are indoor/outdoor rabbits?

Latest posts

Back