Hermes and Popcicles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV426

Reaction score
Ok I know it's not an approved pellet diet but for some reason the little bugger loves popcicles. I've been sick with the flu lately so I've been eating nothing but popcicles and with Hermes on the bed with me a lot he's decided that he wants some too. Now I didn't think he'd actually eat it. Usually I just let him sniff what I have and he figures out he doesn't really want it but this time he sank his little teeth into my popcicle.

ry%3D400

Lol my guys nibble on my natural fruit ones during the summer. Last summer I made some ice cubes out of natural fruit juice. (no sugar added kind)

I don't reconmend to keep feeding him those (All the sugar!)

But I often freeze bannanas for my bunnies! :)

Myia, the frozen banana trick sounds like something my buns would looooove! Thanks for that idea. I buy bananas from Costco and sometimes I don't get a chance to eat them all before they get very ripe. This might be a good way to get a couple more days out of them.

My lil boy Toby knows the sound of the freezer. I keep his homemade bunny cookies in the freezer, and whenever I open the freezer he hops over thinking he's about to get a cookie. A nice frozen bunny cookie is as a summer treat! He's going to flip out when he discovers a frozen banana chip...!

My bunnies will gobble up pumpkin straight from the frig as a cool treat. I don't have enough pumpkin on hand to freeze, but my bunnies never have problems with the heat, because they live in an air conditioned house.

LV426 ..im bad too i luv popsicles ...luv them..and i am guilty of letting all my buns take a little nibble off of em..i make them myself with no sugar fruit juice too..ive still wondered about how healthy it is for them even without the sugar...Flashie hears the fridge open up and does a little "Happy Jig' in his cage..its stinkin cute..

I'm sure one tiny lick of a Popsicle wont do any real damage. Its not like shes actually feeding the whole thing to him. Obviously its not a good food to feed past the one lick, but it was sure cute for the picture!

Latest posts

Back