here i am posting again..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
:nerves1
ok, hi all.
well i was out giving caramel a cuddle, so i gave a quick daily health cheak.
on her right/left (dont remember) front paw, her "middle toe" the biggest can bend right back to her "wrist"
i was in shock. i looked at her other toe and tried slowly, carefully to bend it over on it self. when it did not i did not force it.....:shock:
so when i double cheacked it was bending right back on her other foot.. she nearly squeeked and twiched, growled and GRINDED :cry1:
and when she was on her back she flipped round. she is cleaing it alot.. she seems to be wlking okish on it,
i told my mum and she said that its my fault because of the bricks and wire out in the garden and sharp things..
(there is none in reach of them two)
so i guess a vet vist is out of the question.. like it always is.
the vet is shut and no emergeny no. but im not sure what to do... help:tears2:
thanks

It sounds like it may be a broken toe.

This is not your fault. Rabbits catch their feet and nails all the time, you've just been unlucky.

How is she acting in herself? Is she eating? drinking? pooing? weeing?

I'm guessing that pain medication is probably not an option too?

well she is out sill in the garden after i insprected it
eyore is to. im not sure about toilet bit because its in the garden. but the only have 15mins left of fun out side..
:shock::D
she is a bit MORE fiesty than normal.
edit- there is a water bowl out for them, it looks like 2 rabbit size drinks has been drunk

When they go away you need to try and watch and see if she is eating anything. Do you have any treats or food that you normally give? That might tell you how much it is affecting her generally and how much, if any, extra care she may need from you.

Flashy wrote:
When they go away you need to try and watch and see if she is eating anything. Do you have any treats or food that you normally give? That might tell you how much it is affecting her generally and how much, if any, extra care she may need from you.
treat- cabbage- none in the house at the moment
appel and docking leaves. maybe danddy lions. ill use them.
should i separate them to see if she is eatting? they are both bonded so i dont want to.
should i? she is munching grass in the garden for the past haf hour non stop

keep them together. Can you maybe get two dandelion leaves and feed him one and her one at the same time? that would tell you if she is eating.

If you have seen her eat grass then that's great :)

Flashy wrote:
keep them together. Can you maybe get two dandelion leaves and feed him one and her one at the same time? that would tell you if she is eating.

If you have seen her eat grass then that's great :)
well.....:p
wheni give her one and give eyore one.. she is normally stealing his out of his mouth.. so ill try it now. im not sure if there is many left in the garden
if so will her 3rd favorite docking leaves do?
yeh, she is eatting grass.
im looking at the water bowl asswell because i have not seen her drink from it. im just assuming so
she is still grass cutting/cleaning herslf

tonyshuman wrote:
Since a vet visit isn't an option (that scares me--a broken bone is a very serious injury), you could give her some ibuprofen. Check this site for dosing: http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rx/drugcalc.html
um.. ibuprofen?:? what is it and how to i get it?

my mum said she will have a look at caramel today, so i hope she will let me take her to the vet.
she is in a good mood so i will today. it might be broken but i cant thiknk of any other reasons. a fracture would not let you pull it back completely. i ahve not poked or looked at i anymore incase i cause more inguery.

no. my mum gota ngery and told me to either put her out on the lead or back in her hutch.
she blamed me for it and it serves me and caramel right. amd it will heal by it self

You can also give aspirin (the main ingredient in Bayer), but it makes the blood less able to clot, so if there's any wounds, don't give it. Ibuprofen would be better in this case.

Is having limited space a good thing in this case? to give the toe chance to heal?

I was trying to find that out also; It seems like it makes sense that if the bun is hopping about and bending the area of the break that it would be less likely to heal in the correct position than if the bun was placed in a smaller area.

I would confine her temporarily

until you can talk your mom into the vet and/or we can get more info on a broken toe.

Sorry that your mom doesn't understand; maybe you could tell her that the forum members think Caramel could be in pain from the break and needs to see a vet for that reason. :(

Let us know

angieluv wrote:
I was trying to find that out also; It seems like it makes sense that if the bun is hopping about and bending the area of the break that it would be less likely to heal in the correct position than if the bun was placed in a smaller area.

I would confine her temporarily

until you can talk your mom into the vet and/or we can get more info on a broken toe.

Sorry that your mom doesn't understand; maybe you could tell her that the forum members think Caramel could be in pain from the break and needs to see a vet for that reason. :(

Let us know
ill put it siple
at the momnet she does not give a s****:shock:
i dont have any money foor the vet- but i have 29 pounds saving up for there mxymous and vhd jabs. i could use it...
but i need to get to the vet.
i could ring the vet today.....when my mum is not home and see what they say.
caramel is in the hutch at the mment. so i guess thats a good small but healthy size space...so i ring for more info. but later.. and ofcouse.. according to her the peopelon the fourm dont know anything...:X i believe in you guys. its not nice being told your friends are crap:( pain... phh. she does not care if cvaramel is in pain- i told her she might not look like she is in pain but rabbits show it differnet ways....:cry2
i will try and get on later.
MY vets only has 1 vet for rabbits.. but ill ring a speally small animals clinic near by for info mation- its not cheap, and maybe st.elmos... so there is 3 vets in the area, and one other one half an hour drive away ill ring aswell. thanks you guys:)

Latest posts

Back