herbal supplements for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any good herbal supplements that could be used for rabbits,?since Howie refuses to eat fresh veggies i was wondering if i could find something that could be mixed into his food.

i know there are supplements for chinchillas with things such as bee pollen, i was wondering if there was anything similar i could give howie, prefferably without costing an arm and a leg.

Leowyldemi wrote:
I was wondering if there is any good herbal supplements that could be used for rabbits,?since Howie refuses to eat fresh veggies i was wondering if i could find something that could be mixed into his food.
Are you asking if there's a supplement that would provide the nutrients that he's not receiving (since he's not eating greens)? If that is your question, I will say I'm fairly certain that no such supplement exists. Generally speaking, supplements are used to soothe various forms of bodily irritation (typically internal).

If anyone does know of a supplement that's safely used to provide rabbits with extra nutrients, I'd like to know about it, too.

All the best,

Jenk

Oxbow has a botanical hay with some dried herbs to it if you want something like that. Dried herbs aren't really a replacement for veggies though. Bee pollen should be healthy for rabbits but I don't know how it compares to vegetables either. We do use it to add vitamins and minerals to our sugar gliders' diet. Flaxseed, beet pulp, and sunflower seeds are also sometimes given to rabbits or other animals both big and small (I've fed it to everything from horses to gerbils) as supplements. The closest thing I could think of to vegetables without having to chew up vegetables though would be plain unsweetened juices. Sometimes we pour Naked Juice in to crocks or cage cups for all the animals to drink as a treat.

thanks guys little chinta that's what i was looking for, i need something that i can add to his food in dry form since he won't eat ANY veggie or fruit if it's fresh, i can get him to eat organic banana chips once in a while tho.

good idea with the hay too, i hadn't seen the herbal hay for a while now,i'll have to ask them about it when i get him food

Back