Helped my friend get a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starina

Reaction score
So a week ago, my old coworker from PretzelTime asked me if I knew where to get a rabbit. I asked a few questions and found out she was looking for a Hymalayan dwarf. Her boyfriend did magic tricks with a rabbit (nothing harmful, or cruel) and his bunny passed away unexpectedly last year. He has been searching ever since for one to train in its place. He needed a Hymalayan because for the trick he holds up a picture of the rabbit and then, *poof* it turns into a real bunny.

So I spent, honestly, 5 minutes on google and found a local breeder with 1 hymalayan dwarf that was willing to drive it to her. She told her boyfriend and he was thrilled and amazed. He told her that he had been looking for months and couldn't find anything.

The rabbit also is helping her boyfriend as a therapy rabbit. He has severe back arthritis, complicatedby an accident,and uses a walker to walk, and he is only about 50 years old. When they went to go meet the bunny lady, hewas like a little kid. She said that she hasn't seen him this full of energy since before he got hurt.

The rabbit is enjoying his new home and all the attention he is getting. He loves to sit on the guy's shoulder and help him look over his paperwork.

It made me feel really good to be a part of making someone so happy. Especially when it involves bringing a rabbit into someone's life.

Once the bunny, now named Peekaboo, gets used to his new home, he will be learing how to be magical.

~Star~

That's such a nice story! It brought little tears to my eyes... rabbits are justso great, they can help you feel so much better without doing much at all.:)

And I LOVE the name Peekaboo! :D

His name is Peekaboo because the trick is like "now you see him now you don't," sort of thing. The guy holds up a picture of the rabbit, then *poof* it turns into a real rabbit. Then the guy picks up the rabbit and makes like he is going to toss the rabbit at the audience, and *poof* he his holding the photo in his hand. Pretty cool trick if you ask me. ;)

~Star~

Back