Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitAsh

Reaction score
I finished the cage, but the paint fumes are still faint! Will that hurt him!?
Please help!

How well ventilated is the room? And can you smell the paint from far away or only when you are putting your nose up to the cage?

Its pretty small with one vent. The window is cracked about a centimeter. I can smell it from a few feet away.

Is there any way you can wait a little while longer to put him in it? That might still be too strong for the little guy.

I figured out that it was mostly the wood I could smell. I put my nose to it, and that's when I could smell it strong.
I was wondering though, if it was too strong for him, and he has been in the room for over a night; would he be dead already?

Not necessarily. The fumes can cause other problems, like neurological problems such as seizures, lethargy. Just keep a close eye on him. Open the window more.

Not necessarily. The fumes can cause other problems, like neurological problems such as seizures, lethargy. Just keep a close eye on him. Open the window more.

Alright, so far, he seems to love it. My room gets most ventilation in the whole house actually (So it's pretty cold).
Nothing has been happening so far. Thanks! :)

Just bear in mind that if any problems like the ones mentioned by katiecrna do show themselves, the damage will already be done. If you can smell it, your rabbit can smell it even more. Keep it well ventilated for awhile anyway.

On a side note and for future reference, try to be more specific in your thread title. Rather than just "help," something like "Concerned about paint fumes" would be better. This lets people know what the thread is about without having to click on it. It also gives a better chance of someone familiar with the particular topic to chime in.

Back