Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lelanatty wrote:
I believe that Mimi Bauer got the answer to her question, so no more posts need to be made on this thread.

Need we be reminded again?

This forum is THE RABBITRY and a place for information involving breeds and breeding.

If you are not a breeder, you don't support breeding and you have nothing of note to contribute to a thread beyond expressing an opinion on breeding, PLEASE DON'T POST.

Rabbitry Moderators and fellow breeders should be the ones overseeing and responding to these topics. They have the knowledge and the mandate. (Breeders don't post in the 'Rescue Me' forum with suggestions like 'why not buy a purebred from a breeder?' They deserve the same courtesy in their own area).

All members are welcome to express their opinions on posts outside the Rabbitry area although all members are also being asked to remember RabbitsOnline.net is designed to be totally non-judgmental and non-confrontational. PLEASE RESPECT THAT IN EVERY AREA!

[align=center]I'm very offended that you're practically yelling at everyone. "PLEASE RESPECT THAT IN EVERY AREA!"

Mimi was being rude to many other people when they were just stating their opinion, and is in the wrong as much as any one else is.

People answered and asked questions about Mimi's post- not everyone was being "mean" per se to Mimi- even though "Mimi" could be a fake if they are trying to play off as the most popular mini-rex picture on google as their rabbit.

I copied that from our forum Policy for this section of the forum. It is one of the threads that stays at the very top under the heading "NOTE: PLEASE DON'T POST UNSOLICITED ANTI-BREEDING OPINIONS IN THE RABBITRY AND SHOW ROOM"

That post is there as a warning to all who post here. Sometimes we seem to forget that it is there and that one of the main things that is emphasized in all of our forum policy is respect. If someone is being disrespectful, that is not reason to do the same.

I apologize, I should have said that it was our forum policy when I posted it. It was just meant to remind everyone of it.

lelanatty wrote:
I copied that from our forum Policy for this section of the forum. It is one of the threads that stays at the very top under the heading "NOTE: PLEASE DON'T POST UNSOLICITED ANTI-BREEDING OPINIONS IN THE RABBITRY AND SHOW ROOM"

That post is there as a warning to all who post here. Sometimes we seem to forget that it is there and that one of the main things that is emphasized in all of our forum policy is respect. If someone is being disrespectful, that is not reason to do the same.

I apologize, I should have said that it was our forum policy when I posted it. It was just meant to remind everyone of it.

[align=center]Thank you for clarifying.

I don't see any unsolicited anti breeding statements. I'm well aware of the rules being a member here since 07.

However, feeding trolls is never good, so that's all I will add. I'm sure a Mod or Admin will clear up this mess shortly.

lelanatty wrote:

from what i saw there didnt seem to be any "anti-breeding" posts... mainly just anti "mimi bauer" breeding posts (ie telling her not to breed her severely underweight doe that she was wanting to give away only a few weeks ago). a lot of the posts were in response to her general attitude and rude-ness.

I am personally quite offended by her anti-adoption stance, not to mention her use of the word "retarded" to denote something she finds unsavory. with how-ever many hundreds of members we have here i'm sure there would be at least one that would have disabled family members who would also be offended by this able-ist language.

lelanatty wrote:
I believe that Mimi Bauer got the answer to her question, so no more posts need to be made on this thread.

Need we be reminded again?

This forum is THE RABBITRY and a place for information involving breeds and breeding.

If you are not a breeder, you don't support breeding and you have nothing of note to contribute to a thread beyond expressing an opinion on breeding, PLEASE DON'T POST.

Rabbitry Moderators and fellow breeders should be the ones overseeing and responding to these topics. They have the knowledge and the mandate. (Breeders don't post in the 'Rescue Me' forum with suggestions like 'why not buy a purebred from a breeder?' They deserve the same courtesy in their own area).

All members are welcome to express their opinions on posts outside the Rabbitry area although all members are also being asked to remember RabbitsOnline.net is designed to be totally non-judgmental and non-confrontational. PLEASE RESPECT THAT IN EVERY AREA!
:hugsquish:

Thank you Lelanatty for your post. You are a gem!

Once again folks - from our Forum Decorum which Lelanatty quoted some of...

Unacceptable Behavior (Subject toWarnings):

- name calling

- ridiculing of another's opinion

- failure to 'agree to disagree'

- the posting of obviously inflammatorytopics (eg: rabbit meat, breeder vs.animal rights attacks)

- overly abrasive or negative posts on any topic

- personal vendettas

- 'advertising' or linking other forums or commercialventuresin posts (see Content Rulesfor advertising policies).

I understand where many of you are coming from and I understand your frustration.

However - things like the detective work done here - are best to be forwarded to a moderator for them to deal with. In addition - many of the comments on here were unnecessary - both by the original poster and by those who followed.

Since the question about the age for breeding was asked - and answered - this thread is now "closed".

One last reminder - we are NOT the rabbit police. While we may disagree with someone's choices for their rabbits - we can not "force" them to do what we want. This is when we "agree to disagree" and move on instead of arguing publicly on the forum.

Latest posts

Back